Newbie variable voltage battery (IPOW 2) question

Tennjed

I bought a 650mah IPOW battery because I like the idea of having the LCD display to show me the battery life. After getting it I realized the advantages of changing the wattage (it can go 3-5). I wanted a bigger battery life and saw they have a 1600mah IPOW 2. It has variable wattage of 3-15. My question is, why would I need up to 15 watts? The charts I see show optimal watts for 1.8 coils at about 3.2 and 3.0 coils at 4.7

Would it be dangerous to try it higher than 5? Would it mess my battery or coils up if I cranked it up to 15 with a 2.4 coil?

I know this is basic, but I am new. Thanks for the help

No but you may get a burnt taste depending on the juice you have in the tank. When you use VW the battery does the Ohms law calculation for you and auto sets the volts. I run at 15-20 watts all the time, but know my juice can handle it. With a 2.4 ohm coil you can crank it up with little worry.

Most of my Juices taste great @ 7.5-10W, depending on the tank/coil combo. Most of my tanks are using 1.5 Ohm coils (Kanger BCC or BDC), but I have a few 1.6 (Nautilus) or 1.8 (Kanger BCC). As Comp said, the juice will determine how high you can go... and most of Comp's juices do taste better at higher Wattages, but again, based on the tank/coil combo you're using.

I don't know how much those IPOW2's are running... but the V|T Store has the ELeaf iStick (VV/VW box-style) for $32 right now, and everyone is raving about them... although I've yet to pick one up, so I can't give a personal opinion :) Also, since Wattage is a function of Voltage and Resistance, using a VV eGo-style (like the Vision Spinner) will give you the same "adjustment" you're looking for... for about $22?