Sigelei 100 vs IPV3

Jason im a little jelly you got the ipv3, ecig and vapor lounge was supposed to get them soon but only had the sig in stock at the time and the sig was only 119.

I like it a lot, but it is just impractical for me right now. I am running VTC4's in it, but I only use it a few hours a night, so I don't know what kind of battery life I am getting out of it. So far so good!

I like it a lot, but it is just impractical for me right now. I am running VTC4's in it, but I only use it a few hours a night, so I don't know what kind of battery life I am getting out of it. So far so good!

how is the touch sensor on it? Iv always thought that feature was awesome

how is the touch sensor on it? Iv always thought that feature was awesome

It is actually disabled on the IPV3, or at least all of them I have seen. I think the 50 watt version still has it. I saw one disassembled on the internet the other day and it didn't even have anything but a hole where it is supposed to be. I have not got the guts to take off the panel on mine. I probably should though, apparently they have some that have some out there with nicked wire and bad soldering.

• 3 weeks later...

If you are looking for cons i have one. I had an IPV 2s for about 2 months, i screwed an atty on it one day and it started to auto fire (with the power off). I don't know it this could be a potential problem with the three, but I for one will never buy another product from pioneer 4 you. I bought a sig 100w plus as a replacement and I am loving it. The magnets for the batt cover are so much easier and the batt life is awesome as well. My current fave setup is the sig with a kanger subtank with the stock .5 ohm replaceable occ running 25 watts with crunch berry juice at 3mg. Simply awesome. I havent tried the atlantis yet but really find no reason to buy one, if this kanger keeps performing the way it does. Hope this helped! Vape on my friend!!

So here are the cons of both boxes. Ipv3 this has a sensor that doesn't work,hex screws in door,the springs for battery are janky and the buttons are small and might hurt after a lot of uses (have the Cana mod) has no case for it and there is a delay when you fire. The segeli 150w only cons I could find was the fire button might auto Fire if your finger "slides" on it. The ohm reader might jump up n down but I think that's the 100w+ thats about it with the segeli I bought the ipv3 but I think I'm returning it for the segeli because of the magnetic doors alone!!! That's stupid not to have a magnetic door hello!

well after having the sig for a while I absolutely love it. I dont have an issue with the ohms... as long as it fires i dont really care. especially since I have been building around 0.15 so itll move around but... im usually using 70 watts and the battery life is great. no problems with the 510.

Only thing i have to do is change my build to get more ohms and therefore get more volts... might give me a better vape.. not sure, gotta tinker haha

one of my magnets popped out this morning but i just glued it.. hopefully it holds haha used some crappy glue... if it pops back out im gonna get super glue

So here are the cons of both boxes. Ipv3 this has a sensor that doesn't work,hex screws in door,the springs for battery are janky and the buttons are small and might hurt after a lot of uses (have the Cana mod) has no case for it and there is a delay when you fire. The segeli 150w only cons I could find was the fire button might auto Fire if your finger "slides" on it. The ohm reader might jump up n down but I think that's the 100w+ thats about it with the segeli I bought the ipv3 but I think I'm returning it for the segeli because of the magnetic doors alone!!! That's stupid not to have a magnetic door hello!

I totally agree with the hex screws, and lack of a magnets. Mine came with both hex and phillips screws. I did the 165 watt upgrade and the ohm meter is spot on to .01. (more accurate than my RBA tester) I took it to a buddy who checked it on his fluke, and a much more accurate 4 wire resistance tester used for instrumentation. The battery springs are terrible as they will tear up the covering on the batteries (if you aren't careful). Another problem I found is a nick in the positive wire leading to the battery. Overall I just don't care for it. It is too big for me, and totally un-necessary for the type vaping I am doing. I rarely drip any more, I don't use RTA's any more, and I very seldom go over 15 - 16 watts. It is fun to use though. My nephew came in on leave over the holidays and it was fun to watch him try to hit it maxed out with a .33 ohm dual coil setup on it...lol

Keep in mind though that the YiHi SX 330 chip in the iPV 3 is more proven then the chip in the new 150w Sigelei which was built in house and I've heard has some quirks. The 100w Sigelei uses an SX chip just like iPV. You can also buy a magnet kit for the iPV 3 for rather cheap.

Between the two, I would honestly go with the iPV. I have a 2S and love it. Also note that these iPV mods unlike the Sigelei are in fact water resistant. I would buy the iPV 3 if the iPV 4 wasn't right around the corner. It's only 100w before updates but packs a lot of features as well as a magnetic door.

Edited by Oberon75