26650 RDA's, who's got em and who likes em?

After going back and forth between a dual 18650 DNA 40 mod and just a hefty as ffff dual 26650 mech mod, I took the plunge and bought the vapor giant set on sale for ~$270 earlier. Seemed like a pretty good deal - top notch quality materials and construction, single or dual 26650 mech mod and a matching huge Kayfun style RBA - all new, authentic and under 300 shipped to my door? Okay vape world, I see you.. Big as all hell, but it'll be my home device and I'm getting tired of "top off" charging my 18650's constantly just to keep my tobh hitting hard (I just forced myself to quit smoking from 1-2 packs a day, so I do vape quite a lot with 6mg drips). Also, the only true appeal the DNA 40 has to me is the temp control, but it seems this new technology could stand for some field tests and improvement before it's bulletproof.

So anyways..using an over sized Kayfun sounds really cool, but of course, I now need a massive dripper as well. I've been looking at a few, and so far like the Tai Ji from Sigelei ($40), but am really piqued by the design of the Cerberus from Footoon ($140). If you haven't seen these, the Tai Ji is an enlarged 4 post hole deck like the plume veil, but the Cerberus has 6 posts in a triangular circle configuration for 3-6 coils (easily).

What do yinz think? What do ya have? What do ya like? What do you think I should get to crown this beast?

The 28.5mm Stillare and the 30mm Tobh are two of my favorites to run on my 26650 BFM mech mods.. Large deck space I get alot of cotton in there and they are very easy to build on..they also vape great with dual parallel 26g and 24g macro coils respectively, as I've experimented with alot of different builds..

Hope this helps some..d397ed95c63bd01f374eed7944e8d5b5.jpg

Edited by smacksy

Iv got a hades rda and mod in 26650 using an mnke batt. I like the big open deck, real nice for experimenting with coils. Other than the size and weight it's not any different

6176f1049f83653e4b2cb5c9be6dabfe.jpg

I used to use the 26650 MNKE batts rated 20A cont/30A pulse but now I use these purple 26650 Efest batts rated at 32A cont/64A pulse..the specs must be close for they power my low .15 ohm builds that pull 28A all day long on a single charge..I like 'um..lol

Checking in! Just got back home yesterday and got a ton of goodies in the mail. Currently got the Cerberus sittin pretty on stacked MNKE 26650's in the Vapor Giant running tri coil with 8-9 wraps of 26 gauge. Wowzers, this thing is the ****! I have to be careful whenever I start vaping in stacked mode or I instantly get the niccups. Probably gonna go back to a single 26650 later tonight, but even with that I've been very impressed. I'll get some pics up in a bit.

Off topic question: I've learned up a lot about stacking (mainly how it can go really wrong if you don't know what you're doing), and how to care for your batteries. In addition to charging/discharging them as a pair, should you also keep them in the same order loading them into your mod? I don't see how this could make a difference electrically, but just a thought I'd ask.

Wowzers, this thing is the ****! I have to be careful whenever I start vaping in stacked mode or I instantly get the niccups.

I have never heard of niccups, but I have had them many times! Now I know what to call it!

Off topic question: I've learned up a lot about stacking (mainly how it can go really wrong if you don't know what you're doing), and how to care for your batteries. In addition to charging/discharging them as a pair, should you also keep them in the same order loading them into your mod? I don't see how this could make a difference electrically, but just a thought I'd ask.

The problem comes when one battery gets weaker than the other. This can cause much more heat, especially when one battery is trying to "charge" the other. It can also cause some inconsistency due to the added connections and possible voltage drop. Most people who use them this way say to rotate them.

I do not do this in any mods except for my ipv3. All of my mechanicals are single 18650/18500/18350.

I do have a lot of experience with batteries hooked up this way and it can cause all kinds of weird problems. Some of the airplanes we had used series to parallel connection. It had 4 12volt batteries to end up with 24 volts. When one goes bad it caused all kinds of issues. I also had a few tractors that used 2 6volt batteries to make 12volts.

I don't want to discourage you about using stacked batteries, just be careful. If a battery starts acting weird, chunk it, or use it single and get a new pair. Batteries are cheap compared to a $270 mod or a visit to the ER if something goes bad...

Edited by jasonculp

Thanks for the info!

I don't want to discourage you about using stacked batteries, just be careful. If a battery starts acting weird, chunk it, or use it single and get a new pair. Batteries are cheap compared to a $270 mod or a visit to the ER if something goes bad...

That they certainly are. I was out in Philly the past few days, and the 2nd day there my mod was getting hot...not untouchable, but very warm. With one of my trusty VTC4's and a pair of coils that I've been using for weeks with 0 problems, I just kept heating them up and running them under water, rewicking, etc. I quit using it since it seemed sketchy, came home and plugged that VTC4 in to charge, touched it about a half hour later and it was scorching. Tossed that sucker!

Edited by aberry9475