How Much Do Analogs Cost Where You Live?

Forgive me if this has been done before, but I searched and searched and couldn't find anything like it.

Here in Milwaukee, I'd have to choose #3. Cost wasn't even a factor in my switch to vaping, but it is getting a bit ridiculous in some places. At my favorite bar, the machine takes $10 cash American! (Our smoking ban doesn't go into effect until next summer) I hate to judge, but I've honestly looked at some people and wondered how they can afford to smoke!

Edited by SmokinHammer

Yeah, the price around here in Floriduh has gotten ridiculous. There was a time, that Fla. had some of the cheapest prices in the country.Its pretty sad that you can prchase a six pack of beer for about 2 bucks LESS than a pack of cigs. Good message for the kiddies. And I dont think it will be long before the holier than thou lawmakers decide to raise the taxes on them again to help pay for thier Holiday expense accounts and free healthcare.

Around here, cigs are about $5. a pack. And I thought that was outrageous. I had been trying to cut back on the amount I smoked to help with the cost cause I really couldn't afford that. I was sweating bullets thinking about them going even higher than that. I found out about ecigs just in time. Not that I've spent much less yet because of trying to find just what works best for me, but I know in the long run it will be a lot less.

Cost wasn't a factor for me either, but looking back on it now without ever really thinking about it. It's amazing how some people can afford to smoke. Keenan you were spending $500 a month on analogs, that is some people's rent.. Crazy!

Cost wasn't a factor for me either, but looking back on it now without ever really thinking about it. It's amazing how some people can afford to smoke. Keenan you were spending $500 a month on analogs, that is some people's rent.. Crazy!

I agree. And that was just MY cost. My wife smokes as well. But, I had a great job and made a nice salary. Also, Cigs were about 3-4 bucks a pack, and 30 bucks a carton. Now, a carton of Camels (my brand) is $52.00 PLUS. When I lost my job in the economic meltdown, I had to figure some other way to get my "fix". When I stumbled upon e cigs, I was looking for a way to roll my own, which is cheaper. Luckily, I found the world of vaping by accident ! My biggest fear is the Govt will hop on board the Vapetrain when they realize theyre losing revenue, and e cigs will cost an arm and a leg as well. :thumbsdown:

I'm worried about that, too, keenan. Maybe we should stock up a year or two's worth of stuff so we're ahead of the game? LOL

Vapetrain. I love it. Now I'm even enjoying the vape language. I must be all about all vape. But I hear that's okay cause you can't vape enough.

In California, last I remembered Marlboro was $4.25, with the tax it came out to $5.25. Newports, the brand I smoked regularly, was $7.60, with tax was well over 8 dollars. I ended up buying those Camel Lights 2-packs for $6.20. I bought cartons of Newports from a cigerettte shoppe, used to cost me $42.00 a carton, and at least bought 2 cartons a month. The last time I bought a carton it cost me $58 dollars. So per month I was spending well over 100 dollars to maintain the smoking habit. Geez, wish I found vaping sooner, probably earlier this year. Would've have saved alot more money that I sure can use right now... gone are the days when Cigerettes used to cost $2.50.

NameBrand like Marboro, Kool, etc....

In Chicago, $7-$9

Suburbs about $5

Is Chi-town going to get rid of that insane sales tax? I went into a little dump of a "convenience" store in Wrigleyville last year and paid like $9.50!

Premium brand cigs in the UK are around 6 UKP a pack of 20 cigs - do the conversion!

Awesome to hear from across the pond! My wife and I were in London last new years, and I'd quit smoking all together at that time. (I started back up a few months after we got home.) I didn't buy cigarettes in the UK, but, strangely enough, I first saw electronic cigarettes for sale in Harrods! There was a whole display in the lower level. I looked at them for a minute, but decided to buy some Cuban cigars!

Im gonna show my age here. Back when I was in the Navy, my ships store sold cigs for $1.25 a pack. When we went underway ( out to sea ) past the international line, they went down to .75 cents a pack , and $ 7.50 a carton. We would all wait for that and stock up ! GAWD I miss those days.

You think that shows age? When I first started smoking, I bought them for 45 cents a pack. I hated when they went up to 50 cents and swore I'd never pay 75 cents a pack. Of course I said I'd quit before they went to $1. a pack, then $2.50, etc. But hey!! I'll never pay $5. a pack now!

My wife is still on analogs and a carton costs nearly $60. When I look at the banner below and see I've saved over $1000 dollars, I don't feel so bad when I buy the latest cool PV. Even if I've sunk $300 (good estimate) I'm still $700 ahead!

Your question made me realize I haven't even gone to the liquor store in over a month. Time flies when your havin fun vapin. I used to buy em by the pack because I felt like an addict when I bought a carton ( I know its stupid). They were $5.25 a pack here, I heard they were going to add another tax soon. The skies the limit in a state that never saw a tax it didn't like.

I'm paying about $45 for a carton of Marlboro Lights here in WV, so about $4.50 a pack.

Keenan - I was stationed in Germany in from '89-'91 and was paying $6.00 a carton (tax free) in the comissary, and most of the time there was a $2.00 off cupon stuck to the carton.