This Has To Be A Noobie Problem

SmokinHammer

Okay, seriously, I'm not used to my 510 enough to be able to tell that my battery is dying just by the feel of the hit. I'm sure I'll soon know exactly what's going on (dead battery, atomizer needs cleaning, cartridge needs filling, etc.) but for now I keep staring at the led every time I take a drag. So, while my lungs are getting clearer, I think I'm going cross-eyed!

John

LOL I know exactly what you mean. I can't seem to take my eyes off of the LED yet. By the time I notice that my vapor has dropped off, the LED starts flashing. I've been trying to pay attention so I know ahead of time, but so far I haven't. My first thought is to panic cause the vapor isn't great, then I quickly wonder if the battery is getting low, and about that time it starts flashing. Maybe I'll get it all figured out someday.

I use a passthrough most of the time and only go on battery while driving or going somewhere.The pass through is nice except you can overheat the atty form vaping too much/too long and start to get a funky vape.The 510 passthrough has a battery inline so you can just unplug to go to the kitchen or wander around.The battery in it has a very long life,if you get a car adapter and a wall adapter you might never need another battery.

Now, why didn't I think of that? LOL My atty's get hot even on a battery though, so does that mean I vape too much? But I'd have to be sure and have batteries charged in case the power went out. Otherwise, I this. Or I could have a unit plugged in, in every room in the house and just leave it there. Then I could vape as I walk by. Hmmm. And I already have an adapter for the car and use my pass thru there. Oh yeah, I might be on to something here. Does that mean I vape too much? LOL

When using the 510 you pretty much get a good hit almost until the point in dies. That's because when the 510 battery dies it isn't actually dead, it has about 10-15% power left over. It shuts off to prevent itself from discharging to low.

The only way you really know the 510 is dieing is when it actually shuts off. Although you will notice a little drop in vapor production right towards the end. :)

I have gotten in the habit of holding my pinky finger on the end to see if the led is lit, helps a bit with the crossed eyed thing. As Sinikal stated you will start to get the hang of it.

I only stick my pinky out when I'm sipping my afternoon tea. :punk:

Thanks jeffb. I feel better now. I can vape to my hearts content and not feel guilty about it. YES!!! Now if I quit all that cleaning, cooking, yard work, and all that nonsense, I can vape even more. :dribble:

And thanks Chris. I wondered why I couldn't tell ahead of time that the battery was about to die. I just thought I was not very observant. That or I was too busy vaping too much. But now I know there is no such thing as vaping too much. Life is good!!