Great American Smokeout arouses me...

I happen to find an interesting event launched by American Cancer Society, called the Great American Smokeout. It encourages smokers to use the date to make a plan to quit. And the topic was derived to what kind of quitter are you. I cannot help wondering whether most vapers are ex-smokers and uses distraction and substitutions like e-cig to help bust cravings or not. Is quit smoking is your motivation to get vape?

The Great American Smokeout is a pretty big deal here on the news and such. Yes I started vaping to quit smoking. I've been vaping now about 4 months quit smoking for over 3 months. I had tried cold turkey several times and it didn't work for me. The reasons I quit smoking was determination, vaping and reading this forum for my motivation. Now I don't want a cig and truly don't miss it. Even being around someone who is smoking doesn't bother me whatsoever. After trying to quit so many times, today I'm completely amazed.

Dc

I googled this event, it seems more and more communities are becoming care about this event. Various post are online like ways to quit smoking http://www.metrohypnosiscenter.com/tips-to-stop-smoking/, encouragement for quit http://www.heavengifts.com/guide/several-ways-make-great-american-smokeout-days-resolution-quit-smoking.html http://www.airforcemedicine.af.mil/news/story.asp?id=123325592

I originally started vaping to quit smoking. It has turned into a hobby that I am not sure if I will ever quit. I have not been smoke free nearly long enough to know if it has "stuck", and I am sure not going to chance it. I currently don't even plan on stepping down my nicotine any time soon. The last time i quit using Chantix it lasted 5 months. It only took one bad afternoon to put me back in the smoking rut.

As for the "Great American Smoke-out" I don't know... I used to try to smoke twice as much on that day, just because of my rebellious attitude... I don't care for society to tell me what to do, it normally elicits an opposite reaction from me.

I originally started vaping to quit smoking. It has turned into a hobby that I am not sure if I will ever quit. I have not been smoke free nearly long enough to know if it has "stuck", and I am sure not going to chance it. I currently don't even plan on stepping down my nicotine any time soon. The last time i quit using Chantix it lasted 5 months. It only took one bad afternoon to put me back in the smoking rut.

As for the "Great American Smoke-out" I don't know... I used to try to smoke twice as much on that day, just because of my rebellious attitude... I don't care for society to tell me what to do, it normally elicits an opposite reaction from me.

I remember once I vaped out side of a mall, at parking lot actually, someone near me just laughed at me, they said if they wanna smoke, they would grab tobacco cigarettes. But at thatmoment, I was so pround of myself in realizing how advanced I am for my health and surrounding enviroment!

I never was a big public smoker. I usually smoked in my car (alone) or outside. I just thought, it is my habit, no one else's. I have always been extremely courteous to my environment. I was never so kind to myself. It is a good feeling to not put nearly as much crap into my system.