Bad Day !

OK, this has turned out to be a freakin HORRIBLE day. I know you guys probably have better things to worry about than Keenan's problems, but hey, I gotta vent.

First, I have had a sinus infection for 2 days, and if youve never had one, its kinda like someone stuck an airhose up your nose and is inflating air to 1000 lbs. pressure non stop. That was bad enough, then this morning, the unthinkable happened. MY LAPTOP CRASHED !!!!! AGHHHHHHH !

I had to do a system recovery, TWICE, before I got it up and running again, but lost ALL of my files. I have all of my pictures and music on back up discs, and I can replace them, its just SOOOO time consuming. I have been working on the restore since about 9:30 a.m., and its now 4:30, I JUST got it back up and running. NOT A FUN DAY !!! This really bites maggot balls as far as Sundays go ! So, Ill be on and off the rest of the day RE-installing some programs. Thanks for listening, I REALLY neede to vent guys !

P.S. - Chris, if youre reading this, Ive tried to download Skype twice, but for some reason its not working. Ill be trying to do it again later.

Edited by keenan

Could be worse ,I suppose you could have fried your last atty and have to wait four days for a new one.By the way if you do ,boiling e-juice in a pot pie tin and huffing the steam is not as stupid as it sounds.Not keeping a couple of spares is .

keenan, your right thats does suck. I'm not a big computer wiz, if mine crashed I'd be S.O.L. I hope everything restores OK for ya.

PS.... Just how big are maggot balls? :D

Edited by jeffb

Sorry Keenan. I understand. I have had 3 computers fail on me this year. After about an hour of trying to get it working, you just want to throw it off a cliff, chuck it out of a window or bury it in a shallow grave in the yard.

I am glad you got back up and that you saved some of your stuff on disc.

Don't worry Keenan, we're all here to listen. I'd be willing to bet that no one on this forum minds in the least that you want to vent. We feel for you and we're here for you. I'm glad you're getting the computer going again. I know I'd be lost without mine.

@mcquinn...really? LMAO I'll have to remember that one.

OK, this has turned out to be a freakin HORRIBLE day. I know you guys probably have better things to worry about than Keenan's problems, but hey, I gotta vent.

First, I have had a sinus infection for 2 days, and if youve never had one, its kinda like someone stuck an airhose up your nose and is inflating air to 1000 lbs. pressure non stop. That was bad enough, then this morning, the unthinkable happened. MY LAPTOP CRASHED !!!!! AGHHHHHHH !

I had to do a system recovery, TWICE, before I got it up and running again, but lost ALL of my files. I have all of my pictures and music on back up discs, and I can replace them, its just SOOOO time consuming. I have been working on the restore since about 9:30 a.m., and its now 4:30, I JUST got it back up and running. NOT A FUN DAY !!! This really bites maggot balls as far as Sundays go ! So, Ill be on and off the rest of the day RE-installing some programs. Thanks for listening, I REALLY neede to vent guys !

P.S. - Chris, if youre reading this, Ive tried to download Skype twice, but for some reason its not working. Ill be trying to do it again later.

Dude! Keenan, I feel your pain. Vent (and Vape) all you want, man. YESTERDAY was my HORRIBLE day. Just in a span of 4 hours. Won't get into further details, but man, headaches left and right. Nothing going your way. Feels hopeless. I'm right there with you Keenan, hope things lighten up soon!

I've been cursed with sunusitus for about the past 10 years so I feel for ya. Don't know what I've got right now, but my nose has been running for 3 days straight... starting to look like Rudolf from the constant wiping/blowing. As for the computer, glad you had everything backed up!

If you tend to have sinus problems you should try a neti pot. I thoought they were stupid but my 6 year old son has sinus issues so bad i was spending almost as much money on kleenex as i was on analogs. someone told me to try it and OMG its amazing He never has sinus issues now.

If you tend to have sinus problems you should try a neti pot. I thoought they were stupid but my 6 year old son has sinus issues so bad i was spending almost as much money on kleenex as i was on analogs. someone told me to try it and OMG its amazing He never has sinus issues now.

Whats a neti pot Gazoo ? Ive never heard of that. Im ready to try ANYTHING ! :doctor:

It looks like Alladins lamp and you snort water to cleanse the sinuses.A lot of people swear by them.My sinuses seem to be doing better with no smoke and I deleted all the carpet and upholstered furniture in my house.All hard floors and leather chairs.I don't even use a vacum cleaner any more except to sweep registers ,I have an old fashioned dust mop I push around then shake the dust outside.

I wouldn't say you "snort" water. At least I don't. You fill the pot with warm water, add about a half teaspoon of salt, and stir well. You actually pour the water into one nostril and it comes out the other nostril. This would best be done over a big bowl or standing over the sink, like I do. You bend your head down and tilt your head to one side. Place the end of the pot into one nostril and pour slowly. Repeat on other side. I do this all the time to keep my sinuses clear. It works amazingly well. If you already have a stuffy nose, it takes a bit longer to clear the mucus out, but it does work. I tried it the first time when I had a cold and I almost couldn't get the water to flow. Then it went very slowly. I know it sounds kinda gross, but it does work. My husband had horrible allergies (what we used to call hay fever), but since using the neti pot, he doesn't suffer with any symptoms any more. We ordered ours online somewhere a long time ago. I don't remember where.

Thanks Guys ! Definitly gonna check that out. Ive spent a fortune at Walgreens on all the pills, liquids, chest rubs , you name it. Its not so much being stuffed up or mucus, its more sinus pressure that feels like my heads gonna explode. Im gonna google neti pot and see if Walgreens or Walmart or someone has it. Thanks again.

I use this instead of the netti pot. This has a squeeze bottle instead. It has really helped with allergies and sinus gunk.

Keenan, I hope this answers your question to what these devices actually does.

Sinus Rinse at Walgreens

Thanks Birdog ! Ive tried Afrin, and it works for about 10 minutes, at best. But this has sodium in it, and Nana said she uses salt, so this might do the trick. You girls take such good care of me ! :doctor: Thanks again.