Anyone try the Joytech eGrip?

ckf

They look pretty interesting but I don't like devices that require USB charging. I have one and it seems like I always need a charge when I don't have one available.

I know a lot of folks like the USB devices but I gotta stick with batteries.

Welcome to the forum...

I've not seen the eGrip, so I have no opinion on it, specifically... But, don't be discouraged about USB charging... My MVP charges via USB, and I vape on it for a couple days, then charge it overnight. It also has the benefit of being able to charge while in use (next to my PC) during the day, but I've only had that problem once :) If the battery pack inside is at least 2000mAh, you should get a full day of chain-vaping, or two days of regular use before needing a charge... and charging overnight (or while using another device) is always an option!

EDIT:

I just looked it up, and the battery pack is only 1500mAh (less than a Spinner2) :( The unit is an all-in-one, which makes me a little worried about it... it's like a VTR (tank on the side), but the tank is BUILT-INTO the unit. If you crack the tank, or generate a leak, the whole thing is useless, and $70 wasted? It seems like it may be a popular seller for Joyetech, but not my cup-o-tea :) For $70, you could get a Spinner2 and three good tanks... or an MVP 2.0 and two good tanks (besides the one(s) that come with it)... or just about anything else for that matter?

Edited by Earthling789

Thanks for the reply Earthling. I already have a couple of the spinner ii and several protank 2's. I'm looking for something small to take with me while out snowmobiling this winter, I was originally thinking about an eleaf istick with a mini tank. However, I was concerned about the tank on the top. I just figured that there would be less of a chance of it breaking if it was an internal tank.

How do i say,every coin has two sides .The all-in-one has it's advantage of easy carrying/mini size/leaking parts will be reduced.But also unvoidable,it will be a little difficult for us to clean .Once the one part of eGrip broken,you need to change the whole.Which is good is that the warranty period of Joyetech is not that strict.As long as you're not out of warranty too long,they will help exchange the product if it is not human damage.So,it is a matter of personal preferance.

How do i say,every coin has two sides .The all-in-one has it's advantage of easy carrying/mini size/leaking parts will be reduced.But also unvoidable,it will be a little difficult for us to clean .Once the one part of eGrip broken,you need to change the whole.Which is good is that the warranty period of Joyetech is not that strict.As long as you're not out of warranty too long,they will help exchange the product if it is not human damage.So,it is a matter of personal preferance.

Thanks for the reply Earthling. I already have a couple of the spinner ii and several protank 2's. I'm looking for something small to take with me while out snowmobiling this winter, I was originally thinking about an eleaf istick with a mini tank. However, I was concerned about the tank on the top. I just figured that there would be less of a chance of it breaking if it was an internal tank.

Tnen, I thought an egrip would be great....

• 1 month later...

I ended up picking one up a few days ago. Since I had room on my server I setup a WordPress blog and did a review of the e Grip.

http://vapingreviewblog.com/2014/11/18/joytech-e-grip-review/

What are your opinions of this now, after some use? I am getting really tempted to pick one of these up since I am having such good luck with the Delta 19. I also like the fact they have come out with a RBA adaptor so you can build your own coils!

http://sweet-vapes.com/apvs/joyetech/joyetech-egrip-rba-base.html