Usb Car Adapter

GDub

I just got my VP PT yesterday and I absolutely love it. I'm on the road a lot and while I'm happy with the performance of my VP1 I'm just loving the full 5V vaping experience so much I wanted a way to take it in the car. I picked up a nice little car adapter at Target tonight and it works great. Says it puts out 5Volts @ 2Amps and I believe it (though I haven't hook up a multimeter to be sure). The PT works great with it, at about $25 it's a little pricey but it feels very sturdy at least. Here's the link...

http://www.target.com/gp/detail.html/175-2268252-8422429?ASIN=B00268BX3C&AFID=Froogle&LNM=B00268BX3C|Speck_Products_Roadduo_Car_Charger_Black_CLAUSBBLK&ci_src=14110944&ci_sku=B00268BX3C&ref=tgt_adv_XSG10001

Anyone else doing the same thing? Know of any cheaper adapters that run a full 2Amps?

I think it's great that you posted this. I've had quite a few people asking me how to use the PT in the car. I'm looking into getting an adapter created for the car that can be used with the passthrough, something that should cost about half the price.

Good link I think the VP PT users will love it!

I'm glad this is something you guys are looking into carrying on the VT Store, I think people will be very happy to have somewhere to find a good car adapter that runs a full 2Amps just like the AC adapter that comes with the VP PT. Maybe a 5V 2A car adapter is more common that I think, but I actually had a hard time finding detailed specs for adapters when shopping online. I think if you get one that is meant to power a GPS system it will supply right about 2Amps of current as most of those devices require it. The one I linked is actually a dual USB with one of the connections being mini USB which is perfect for me as I can charge my cell phone at the same time.

Vapor Kings has one for $20.00

Nice, my only complaint is it looks like some $.99 adapters I've seen sold on Ebay and Amazon and in my experience they don't last long at all. For a minimal price difference I think given the choice I would choose the one I got at Target,it just feels much sturdier than many car adapters I've had in the past. Also I like having a physical location to return it to should there be any problems, but still that is most definitely another option. Again, good find!

Thanks for the info! I have one I picked up at the shack. Can't remember the price but it was cheap. I've been using it with the Stick and haven't had a chance to try it with the VP-PT so this answers my questions. Thanks again!