Calculating dilutions

jasonculp

I am sitting here tonight trying to remember how to calculate dilutions of juices. I thought, I would build a quick spreadsheet to do it and I am drawing a blank! I can't remember how to do it. I used to blend fertilizer for a living right out of highschool and have done it thousands of times, but it is gone!

What I am trying to do is cut some juices with VG to drip them. 50/50 is simple, but doing it with different ratios is eluding me. I was doing a 60PG - 40VG - 24mg juice cutting it with 100% VG.

Thanks!

I suggest you download a juice calculator it would make what your wanting to do very easy.

(1 part = 5ml)

If you cut 1 part 24mg 60/40 to 1 part 0mg 100VG you get, 12mg 30/70 = 10ml 50% flavor reduction

If you cut 1 part 24mg 60/40 to 2 parts 0mg 100VG you get, 8mg 20/80 = 15ml 66.7% flavor reduction

If you cut 1 part 24mg 60/40 to 3 parts 0mg 100VG you get, 6mg 15/85 = 20ml 75% flavor reduction

If you cut 1 part 24mg 60/40 to 4 parts 0mg 100VG you get, 4.8mg 12/88 = 25ml 80% flavor reduction

I know this really don't answer the math of it, but I figured to would spark your memory. :)

Thanks Comp!

I am a spreadsheet nerd! I have looked at most of the calculators out there, but most are much more complicated than what I need. I really don't have any desire to get into making my own juice. I just have some stuff I need to dilute.

I do think it finally clicked and I built a small spreadsheet. I am now checking it for accuracy. It looks like 1 part juice to 2 parts VG is gonna nail it. (1:3 would work too) Thank you for the information!

I will now promptly lose the spreadsheet in MyDocuments, and erase it from memory and have to ask again in a few weeks!

Edited by jasonculp