VAMO 5 lost my little gasket

I really appreciate all the feed back on this post, NOT :crybaby: . I emailed Phil Busardo and he helped me some. I will share with you what he said even though no one cared. He said most likely it is a insulater to keep the battery from short circuiting, but he couldn't be 100% sure. So he said to contact the manufacturer. So I have an enail out the Smoke-KSD to find out.

Valita

I would appreciate your answer after you find out. You know, sometimes someone asks a question that no one knows the answer to. Don't think because you didn't get a response in 24 hrs that no one cares. It's usually just a longer delay because because the question is so specialized. Good luck and post what you find please. :)

I did get an answer from them and under NO circumstances should I use it without that gasket. Withh that said they said the shipping was very expensive from China which is where they are, so.....I am going to order something from them and they will send me one free of course :dizzy: . I don't really have a choice at this point. So, if anyone has this issue that is the answer, it is there for a reason. go to www.esmoke-ksd.com they were quick in answering me, I mean like 5 minutes.

Thank you for the kind words.

Valita

Some times you just need to give a little time for someone to work out a solution too. ;)

I took mine apart (older model that the buttons are messed up on) and will say that you could fix it temporally while you wait for a replacement. It is about the thickness of cereal box cardboard. I would just use an old cereal box and cut one out that would fit. Then put a small hole in the center (about 1/4") for it to make contact. Or go to the hardware store and find a small flat plastic washer that will fit. This will keep it from making contact with the metal casing inside. I took it out and yes if you were to put a flat top battery in it, there is a high chance of it making contact with the casing.