The Good, Bad, and Unknown

jonnoh

Greetings once again from beautiful downtown Malaysia. Yesterday I was acting as a judge for an English language story telling contest for Chinese elementary school children and it was awesome, but that's not the story. After, the sponsors and judges went to lunch and I got to show off my e cig equipment live and in person and I was quite surprised how under the radar it is here. Non of the sponsors smoke so I guess it just hadn't really crossed their horizons. Some of them were quite fascinated and were planning to talk it up to their various friends and relatives who are smokers. I gave my contact info and texted VT site info to all those interested (about 7 I think). I was the hit of the party :)

After, two of the other judges, one an old colleague, and his mother from Canada and I went to the pub to catch up. (Yes I know, yet another pub who are you to judge me?) LOL JK. Anyway those two told me that their father, husband had just been diagnosed with stage 4 lung cancer not treatable and terminal. He'd previously been treated for lung cancer and had been cancer free for 8 years. It was really sad. I was just thinking if vaping had been available sooner, this might never have happened. Of course one can't rewrite the past but it gives pause for thought. I am so happy for you younger people out there that have discovered vaping over smoking. It will probably save your lives and health. But while we were there some highly painted lady of indeterminate age sat at a nearby table and proceeded to touch up her lips so I thought, but no, she was using a lipstick sized PV that looked so classy. I was deciding if I could approach her and ask her about it but I debated to myself, will she think I'm trying to hit on her? By the time I decided my PV would serve as a proper reason for introduction, she disappeared into the restaurant side where they (from previous experience) don't allow vaping so I didn't chase her. Alas, I'll probably never know what it was or where she got it.

there are some REALLY small devices liek the 4nine. on 18350 mode it is absolutely tiny!

^^ This ^^

My WindRose has a short-throw magnetic button and very small top cap... with an 18350 battery tube, it's about the size of a lipstick or shorter than a 10ml juice bottle.

I also remember seeing the tiny 320mAh eGo batteries available (maybe on the VT store?).

I bought it from Vape Playground, vapepg.com ($34?) - 1:1 clone from HCigar. It really is nice and clean and works well. My only issue is the tiny lock-ring. Sometimes it locks down and is hard to unlock without unscrewing the base at the same time (standard-threading). Also, the center-contact pin is a slot-head (adjustable from the outside), which is nice. All the contacts are Copper, the mod is Brass with chromed accents and firing button. It also comes with 3 tubes, and their is an all SS version, too (with copper contacts) :)

Just watch for their shipping... some people say they ship same day or next day, but they took nearly a week to ship mine. When I sent them an email about it, they said "whoops", and shipped it out that day, priority mail, and I had it 2-days later, which was really one one day later than I expected with "standard" shipping, so it wasn't a big deal, I guess. I was just expecting it to ship quickly like other sites I've dealt with.

Shipping delay aside, they do have excellent prices on their HCigar and Infinite clones, and a good selection! My Copper Penny (also HCigar) was at least $10 cheaper than anywhere else I looked.... now THERE's an awesome MOD :)

I just got my 18500s and 18350s in. When I put the 18350s in my 4nine, It is nearly too small! I don't have large hands, but my hand rests against the atty. I have not acutally vaped with the 350s yet, because i need a higher ohm build. I am enjoying where I have all of my builds at for now and don't want to change them. I am running a dual 26 gauge on my 454 at .6 ohms right now and loveing it. The little 4nine (clone) is such a big step up in quality over the GP clone I was using. I really like the hybrid connection and the very simple button mechanism. I also understand why they say it isn't for beginners, there is a lot of things that can go wrong if you don't pay attention. I guess it is that way with any mod.

• 1 month later...