501 Does Not Seem Reliable

VapinCT

what was the advice (if its not top secret, of course)

Pretty basic stuff. I was just wiping the inside of the battery clean, he advised I blow it out with one of those air cans. He also advised I do the same with the atty's. It did seem to help. I also started using less juice. I think I was clogging it a bit. One of my batteries is bad for sure, I get maybe and hour use. The other one I get like 2 1/2 hours use....I am currently vaping alot so I bet normal use, it would last much longer.

Glad to hear it's working better for you. I know how you've been feeling though cause I went thru that with my very first ecig. That's why I had to look for something better. I have to agree with the others that the 510 is great. I haven't had an issue with my atty yet. I've had it since Nov. 5th and I vape pretty heavy most of the time. My only issue is with the batteries. Mine lasted about an hour and a half at first, but now only seem to be lasting about an hour. Sometimes the battery goes dead before the other one is finished charging. I ordered the Spade to take care of my battery issue, but until then, I'm using my pass thru when I'm at the computer to save on the other batteries. I have the VP2 and use it when my 510 atty gets hot. I'm happy enough with it, but I'm not as impressed with it right now. I'm hoping I will be once I try the LB atty's with it.

I did find out the hard way that it's a really good idea to have some extra batteries and atty's all the time.

Get a passthrough. Try not to flood the atty ,if it makes a bubbly noise its flooded ,won't make vapor if it is flooded, blow through it backwards to remove excess liquid.Make sure the poly is fluffed up level with the cart.Make sure the threads are clean and making contact by wiping them down with alcohol on a cloth.A lot of people use the 510's ,I use them ,901's and 302's and they all work well,801's are only good for dripping in my opinion but real good for that.

Someone told me to put the batteries in the freezer for a couple hours and recharge. Anyone else ever hear of this?

There is no reason that would restore a battery I did some research on that myth and could find no substance to it,It might dry out a flooded switch.

Awesome Vapor. When this thing was working right, I thought they were delicous.

I just dropped 3 drops in, direct. Got 3 draws before I got that nasty taste. I found out they are sell 901's in my local mall but they cost $129.00. I am not even looking at that as an option but it is the only one I have at the moment, beside buying analogs or SNUS to beat these nicotine fits.

At this point I am wishing I never got involved in vaping. It was like giving a kid candy and taking it away. The main reason I quit cigs is because of the $$. If I buy another device, I will have spent about a months worth of smoking on devices and juice.

THis morning while yelling at my e-cig, I have used nearly a 1/4 of a 16 oz bottle of juice. It seems like it is just evaporating between my draws.

It really sounds to me like you are flooding it.

My 510 never really worked good. I have had about 6 different atomizers and 3 or 4 batteried but nothing worked very good ever. Once i got my 901 i was surprised how good it could be compared to the things ive read about the 510. ive had my 901 for a few weeks now and havent had a single problem with it but still just cant get the 510 working. Overall i would say a 510 is not good for beginners.

Wow. I'm surprised. I was never happy with my 901. Just not enough vapor for me. But it helped keep me off of analogs while I continued my search for the perfect ecig. I haven't really had a problem at all with my 510 - just that I don't like the short battery life. That's just me cause I don't like switching batteries all the time. I'm glad you like your 901, but I'm sorry you don't like the 510. I think I would still recommend it to beginners, but I only have my own experience to go by.

I had a few "issues" with my new 510 batteries after a few days, but I think I created the problem myself. I think I was charging too often, and, when I started vaping until the led flashed, and then putting them back on the charger for at least two hours, those "issues" went away. Also, if its a new kit, and both batteries are being weird, I'd try a different charger.

I'd also like to point out that, no matter how reputable your supplier is, if a product (any product) says its battery will last for eight hours, you can hope for four, as long as you expect two.

John

BUT WAIT!!! I really would like to have a "PassThrough" :>

or a Purple 510

or The Spade..........lol

(there's my Xmas list)! hehe

Uh Oh... maybe getting my Mother-in-Law into vaping wasn't such a good idea. LOL

Dammit jj!! I was gonna send you one for Christmas! Now I don't know what to get you. lol You'll love the 510. Let me know when you get it.

Today is the first day I am using the 510. I did what I was supposed to and charged it for 8 hours, however, after reading a lot of the posts I see that I really didn't have to wait that long on the battery. Anyway, today will be my first "smoke/analog free" day. I'm a little nervous that I won't have one battery ready when the other one dies, but we'll see how that goes. So far I really do wish the battery would last longer. I like the manual operation and I'm not finding it difficult to deal with, so that's good. I got the black one and I like the design. I'll report in later in the day when I need some "waiting on battery support" lol.

Well, that's what everyone is here for...support. Good luck. If it helps any, there are quite a lot of us here that made the switch with no problem. There are others that didn't though and yet they made the switch easier than they thought they would. It's different for everyone. For me, when I started, I only had one battery and had to resort to analogs while my one battery charged. I didn't like that, but as soon as I got extra batteries I was smoke free. I still worry about not having enough batteries or enough attys or enough ejuice. I'm finally getting stocked up to where I don't think there will be a problem though.

I wish you the very best of luck. We're here if you need us. I'll bet that includes Jeff, too, even if he's having some doubts. LOL

Good job jj!!! You have two batts don't you? Yeah the battery life isn't too long, especially if your really vaping a lot. Maybe Santa will get you a P/T so you can sit at your comp all day and not hafta worry about batts. Keep it up and good job on trying to bring other family members over from the Dark Side. :D

Well, that's what everyone is here for...support. Good luck. If it helps any, there are quite a lot of us here that made the switch with no problem. There are others that didn't though and yet they made the switch easier than they thought they would. It's different for everyone. For me, when I started, I only had one battery and had to resort to analogs while my one battery charged. I didn't like that, but as soon as I got extra batteries I was smoke free. I still worry about not having enough batteries or enough attys or enough ejuice. I'm finally getting stocked up to where I don't think there will be a problem though.

I wish you the very best of luck. We're here if you need us. I'll bet that includes Jeff, too, even if he's having some doubts. LOL

Thanks, Nana, I know where to come and I'm not afraid to use it lolol. I can see already that I do have to do some "stocking up" but hey, it'll still be cheaper than my 2-3 pack a day habit!!

Good job jj!!! You have two batts don't you? Yeah the battery life isn't too long, especially if your really vaping a lot. Maybe Santa will get you a P/T so you can sit at your comp all day and not hafta worry about batts. Keep it up and good job on trying to bring other family members over from the Dark Side. :D

Thanks, Jeff!! Yes, I did get 2 batteries with my new 510, but I'm still worried, lol.

I watched a lot of the videos on the PassThrough and for me, it looks like a necessity. Considering the fact that me and "Betty" are about the same age, there's not a lot for me to do but sit at the computer and play World of Warcraft, write on forums, watch videos and play my facebook games, LOLOL. So, yeah, I do sit a lot at the machine!

I'm liking the 510 better than my Njoy. The design is better and not nearly as much juice getting into my mouth as with the Njoy, lol. In fact, so far, I haven't had a mouth full of juice since I started using it!! So, that is a definite PLUS!

Edited by jjinlasvegas

I watched a lot of the videos on the PassThrough and for me, it looks like a necessity.

Absolutely. I got one with my 510. I tend to chain smoke at the computer so I knew I had to have one. Now I'm chain vaping. Gad you're liking the 510.