Pepsi a great way to clean your atomizer

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cool! It was just a thought... What are the atomizers actually made of?? is it stainless?

No idea good question, although since its comming in contact with liquid all the time stainless would make sense so they wouldnt rust out

So here's the latest with my little pepsi "self trial" everyone. The atomizer that I said was dead, GUESS WHAT!!!!!!!!!!!! :o

It's still dead and dead for good, no bringing that one back from the dead.

The other atomizer that I gave the "pepsi cleansing" to is still operating but, doesn't seem to be doing tooo well. It, unlike my other atomizers seems to be a clogged for some reason and no matter what I do the damn thing just won't give me a "clean" draw the way that a good atomizer will. So in case somehow this is just bad luck, when Chris and my new shipment arrives, I will go ahead give my current atomzers the "cleansing" too and see what happens from there. I will go ahead and call my second trial, trial #2 and whenever I refer to this expirement I will call it trial #1 (oddly enough). Anyway, for the time being I would advise against trying this, unless forking out the cash for new atomzers isn't a big deal for you right now, and would advise you to let me ruin my stuff and tell you how trial #2 goes first.

Edited by Sean

I am thinking that cleaning the atomizer is kind of a last ditch effort to milk a few more drags out of it. Just my thoughts but once the buildup is there the atomizer is probably working harder and burning itself up and even if you clean it you might still have fried the electrical components. So you may only get a few more uses, if any after the cleaning. I have never opened one up (cuz i don't know how), but I did see a youtube about the 401/pilot atomizer and it does contain wires and stuff. So hmm could be burnt wiring. I am no electronics person whatsoever, but this again is only my thoughts on the matter.

Correct me if I am wrong or dumb :huh:

Keep us posted of all trials (and tribulations)

Ya, you are right vacker there is a "wire" in the center. Well, actually it's a type of heating coil but, essentially the same difference :D . I've been meaning to do some tests to some atomizers; one with a dmm measuring voltage output and another where I cut open the atomizer with a dremel and start analyzing what's inside. I have been meaning to do both of these for a while now but, still have not gotten around to it, at this rate I don't know if I ever will :lol: . If and when I do though, I will be sure to keep everyone up to date and put my "findings" and what not under their own topics in "Help It Broke!", so keep an eye out.

By the way if anyone out there is having issues with their e-cig please let us know what is going on and we will find out how to take care of your problem and get you vaping like a champ again in no time.