26650 batteries and safety

I have my first 26650 mod otw ( Kryptonite) and two purple efest 26650's. Now ive never used a 26650 be4 so idk how these batteries are. I do sub-ohm low. I just wanna know how well these batteries are and what other batteries out there that are just as good or better. i know the sony's are good but they are rare to find now, so i've been told.

If you prefer to use Sony VTC4's or 5's, you CAN purchase "sleeves" or adapters for the 26650 MOD which will allow use of an 18650 battery. They are kinda like the plastic/nylon sleeves which allow you to use AA batteries in a D-size flashlight. I've seen them online and in a couple of vape-shops for a couple bucks.

26650 batteries don't have the availability and manufacturers (yet) that 18650's currently have, so that is why I suggested the "sleeve" if you want to use a Sony battery. IIRC, Sony does not manufacture a 26650.

One would expect the larger 26650 battery to be capable of larger mAh and more Amps, but just like the 18650's we have today... some are 1100mAh, some are 2100mAh, some are 3400mAh, etc.... some can only discharge 4A, some at 10A, and some can reach 30A (or higher)... so just because it's bigger will not necessarily mean it will be better, or capable of long-life and high Amps.

A 26650 MOD is larger diameter for better grip, aesthetics, and more readily accommodates a larger RBA/RDA/Tank without looking top-heavy... the battery driving it does not have to necessarily be a perfect-fit to work well, because you're after mAh and discharge-rates, more-so than physical diameter of the battery. A 2100mAh VTC4 or 2600mAh VTC5 will perform very well in a 26650 MOD (using a sleeve to make it fit the larger diameter). The same can be said for any other 18650 of your choice.

I would be careful with the Efest 26650. I would not push past 20amps. A lot of info surfacing lately with Efest rewrapping name brand cells that fail qc checks. And they aren't testing out near what they are labeled. They are fine for regulated device use, but I wouldn't sub ohm with them.

http://www.rtdvapor.com/keeppower-imr-26650-4200mah-50amp/

Thought I'd share what I'd found.

Specs from KeepPower's website:

1. Typical Capacity: 4200mAh (0.2C Discharge)

2. Minimum Capacity: 4100mAh (0.2C Discharge)

3. Nominal Voltage: 3.7V

4. Standard Charge: CC/CV,1000mA, 4.20V

5. Standard Charge Time: 2hours

6. Maximum Charge: 6A

7. Full Charged Voltage: 4.20V±0.05V, 50mA end-off current

8. Discharge End-off Voltage: 2.50 V

9. Max. Plus Discharge Current: 50.0A

10. Max. Constant Discharge Current: 30.0A

11. Initial Impedance: Max. 25mΩ

12. Weight: Approx. 90.0±1.0g

13. Dimension(D*H): Max.(D)26.20mm*(H)67.50mm

14. Operating temperature

Charging: 0℃~45℃

Discharging: -20℃~60℃

15. Storage temperature

1 year:-20~25°C

3 months:-30~45°C

16. Life: Over 2000 times charge & discharge cycle life

Hope this helps you out... I cannot attest to any issues in fit with any specific mods at this point as I do not own any of these batteries or mods.

Edited by Proetus

Few reviews

BEST BATTERY FOR SUB OHMS

Posted by andy on 16th Sep 2014

I run this battery at .12 ohms and the battery has no problem supplying the voltage. It also has an amazing runtime. i have vaped 2 whole days and the battery keeps running with no drop in voltage i highly reccommend this battery to anybody wanting long run times and big clouds of vapor it is a little oversized on the length so might not work in all mechs but i run a alpha/omega and i just have a little space between the end caps and the body but still fires like a champ!!!

DOES NOT FIT WITHOUT AUTO-FIRING

Posted by Rolf Haynie on 12th Jul 2014

will not fit in the Hades or the Helmsman without auto-firing.....i did get them to work with adding O-Rings to the bottom & top-caps but it just doesn't look rite....they are to long 65.5mm.....65mm needed, sorta disappointing on these.

GREAT FIT FOR SEVEN 30

Posted by Roadshaker on 11th Jul 2014

IMHO,the best fit for the new SeVen 30 VW mod.Is longer than the MNKE and lets bottom cap sit flush. Also,the black and silver looks great through the vents.Takes a long time to run down and no shortage of power.Holds up very well and can't beat the 4200mah and 50amp beast.Great Buy!

I agree! R-isales is definitely a good seller, have purchased from him in the past. Depending on how sub-ohm you want to go. The sony is no longer in production the panasonic is good. If you are gonna stay .8 ohm and above the keep power linked above will be fine as well. the sleeve option for 18650 is another option, but that kinda negates the ability of a 26650.

I use 26650s

I never tried the efet ones though, but I actualy prefer my efest to the vtc4 and 5 oddly enough, everyone raves about sonys but... when I hit the button its 1 out of 3 times that it actually fires... where as with the efest its everytime.

That is with 18650s though.

What i have found with 26650s is that I havent super sub ohmed. only sub.. to about 0.3 or else it would make the mod too hot. might be the mod or might be ther batteries im using but i just didnt feel safe under that 0.3 mark.

What I would use were the MXJO IMR 26650 3.7v 3500mah 35A

It might be just my building or my mod though. when I would use my nautilus on them I loved it, would last all day and then some. kindof looking forward to finding a new mod for them and trying out some more combinations... I loved that sizes fit in my hand but as soon as I didnt feel safe I put them aside and either way found my sweet spot with my cartel & stillaire.

the batteries aparently were the "better" ones at the store... I personally havent done any research on them but wtv.

• 2 weeks later...