What blend of PG/VG should I buy?

Roxabox

It really depends on the juice, because I have some 50/50 that are full of flavor, and some that are weak. I still get reasonable vapor off my 80/20 and 70/30 juices using my Russians or AeroTanks, and the flavor is much better with those PG ratios, opposed to 50/50 for the juices I like... but again, it depends on the juice manufacturer. I've tried some 80/20 juices that taste like water... and some 50/50's that are full of flavor.

I'd suggest trying some different brands/manufacturers and if you're not after clouds, you typically get better flavor out of a higher PG mix, but you'll also pick up more throat hit, too... so it is a trade-off in that fact.

This refers back to your want to do DIY.

I always recommend 100% VG for the NIC base. It is not about vapor output it is because flavorings are mostly PG based. If you use 50/50 nic base you will struggle to get that as an end ratio. You will end up adding more VG thus reducing flavor.

If you are going for more flavor in a DIY mix add a higher % of flavoring. 70vg/30pg to 50/50 are good for flavor if you adjust for the higher VG by adding more flavor.