Hi from Louisiana

kfolse107

Hi,

My name is Kevin

Earlier this year, my mom died from COPD. I decided that it was time to quit.

I have been a smoker for many years and have been smoking 2 packs a day. My doctor made me aware of a Smoking Cessation program in Louisiana that is being paid for by a lawsuit that the tobacco companies lost. If you're a resident of Louisiana and started smoking prior to i believe October 1988, you qualify. All doctor visits and meds are 100% paid.

Well the doctor put me on Chantix. After the 3rd day, I was down to only 3-4 cigarettes a day. I quit completely within about 2 weeks, and 4 months later I'm smoke free. Of course at the time I started, I was also starting to vape. I believe this made the difference. While Chantix does work, you still have to want to quit.

It's amazing how much money I was spending on smoking! I can smell things now that I hadn't smelled in years. Food tastes better etc.

I presently use the Innoken itaste MVP 2.0 at home, and while I'm out and about, the Ego-c Twist fits my pocket.

If it helps anybody, here is the link to the website for the Smoking Cessation

http://smokingcessationtrust.org/

Good for you that you have been able to quit smoking! I'm so sorry for your loss. I, too, lost my mother earlier this year due to COPD and emphysema. I hope you stick with your resolve to stay away from cigarettes. Welcome to Vapor Talk. :)