Hello. Hoping to get some advice.

Vydall

I just purchased a mod so I can easily build my own coils and drip. I believe this mod is called a "maximus" but confirmation would be nice. Bought it brand new but didn't get a box or anything. Anyway, I seem to be hanging some issues getting it to fire consistently. I seem to have to fiddle with the button to get it to fire but it seems that it always has contact because the button seems to get very hot, very fast. It fired consistently when I first got it and I didn't have to break my finger working the button either for at least the first day and a half. Any thoughts or advice?

Tried uploading a photo from my phone and failed. I will try to find one online.

For now I have to recomend takeing the battery out and looking at the switch for any defects or loose conections. Don't keep useing it by forceing the button. Check your resitance on the coil and make sure the screws are tight on the build deck. Then get back to us on what you find. Also, what battery are you useing?

I think you're right about the connections. I got to looking at the firing pin and it is silver but it almost looks chipped but it is very tough. I wish they were brass as on most of the clones I have seen. I can't see how to take the plastic insulator out and the protrudes only slightly so it is nearly impossible to grab and unscrew. Any ideas? And you're correct on the type of mod. Maraxus.

Oh and the battery is a prt4? Something like that. Sony makes it. Sorry, I can't remember. I know it has a 4 at the end and it's 2100 maH

Oh and the battery is a prt4? Something like that. Sony makes it. Sorry, I can't remember. I know it has a 4 at the end and it's 2100 maH

Does the switch work smoothly without being on the mod? Or does it work on the mod without the battery inside? Sony VTC4 is a good battery. Check to make sure it hasn't been damaged by any sharp edges. What was the resistance of your coil/coils?

Yes. That's the battery I have. The button is smooth and all. That's what makes it so frustrating. Lol When it works, I like it better than my stingray clone. (Performance wise as well as cosmetically.) My coil started at a .4-.5 and after I did a DB, it was a .7. So the coil could be part of the problem but still.

So if I get that kit, am I able to replace the parts without destroying any components along the way?

Ok, a hot switch usually means a short of some sort. Could be in the coil/atty or in the mod itself. How long have you had mods, and have you cleaned the switch and contacts? Is the contact pin in the switch tight?

I wouldn't recomend buying another mod just yet. Best to be able to trouble shoot what you have now so you know how to spot things like this in the future.

Were the screws tight on the build deck? You mentioned the resistance changed.....

This is the first mod I have ever purchased. I got everything I needed from a local vape shop and I got a decent deal due to the fact that I have brought them a lot of business. I have cleaned all the contacts, the pins are not loose, and the screws on my build deck are tight but not at risk of being stripped.

I don't know if there is a way to disassemble the switch but if there is, I'd love to know. I have been looking at several maraxus clones online and some have silver pins with black insulators and others seem to have copper or gold pins with white insulators.

While I'm sure copper gives better contact, I'd hate for it to oxidize too quickly.

I bought the SR clone from someone at work for fifteen bucks yesterday. Couldn't resist the deal.

And no. I only have the omega for my mods. All of my tanks need new coils andi really don't feel like trying to rebuild a nautilus right now. Lol.

But as of right now, it seems to be consistently firing again. The button still gets hot but since it fires every time as it's supposed to, I rarely gold the button long enough to notice. I'm thinking it has something to do with the battery not seating properly when I screw it all together. Other than that, I have no flippin' clue.

Took it back to the vape shop and insisted that it wasn't working properly. Finally the shop owner's brother took a look and backed me up that the button was faulty and he gave me a new button. It works great now and no hot button either.

Now here is another question: with the maraxus, is there any real reason I can't rearrange the rings to make it more comfortable to hold? I had both vent rings at the bottom and she tried to tell me that was why it wasn't working and that it can melt the battery if I rearrange the rings. How much truth is there to that?