New to the scene

Brandon76

Unless you have an ohm meter to check your coils,I would say start out low and

work your way up until you get a slight burnt taste then back it down a notch.

That way you can work between the low and too high settings to find your flavor

and vapor sweet spot.

3.8 is about right. If your coil resistance is higher than 2.0 then you could go a little higher. The resistance is stamped on the coil itself. Usually they tell you in the starter kits what the resistance is. When you go to purchase new coils you will probably enjoy right around 1.8 ohms at about 3.8v

But Joe's right. Just dial it in. There are enough inconsistencies with coils and even with use resistance varies. Also, different juices will take different power levels. That's the beauty of VV, just dial it in.

The sweet-spot for most of my juices is between 3.6 and 3.9V, depending on the coil's resistance. The majority of all my juices taste best (to me) around 8.5W of power, so when I'm using a 1.5 Ohm coil, 3.6V hits that Wattage. If I'm using a 1.8 Ohm coil, I have to bump up the Voltage to 3.9V or even 4.0V. A 2.0 Ohm coil would require 4.1-4.2V.

This is the advantage of a Variable Wattage device, like the MVP 2.0. You set the Power (Wattage) where your juice tastes best, and the device will auto-select the proper voltage, based on the coil's resistance. This is very handy if you have different tanks (same juice) with different resistance coils in them... regardless of which tank you use, or if the coil's resistance changes during it's life-cycle, the juice will always taste the same, and the vapor will be consistent.

And, always remember that even a coil labeled as 1.8 Ohms will have a variance of +/- 0.2 (or more), which is why two different coils from the same box, with same resistance rating, may require different Voltage settings on your Spinner, to make the juice taste best.

I started out with iclear 16 tanks. It's a very decent tank that performs well.

The next step is to go with a bottom coil glass tank. You start getting in to some $$ here but you get what you pay for. If you go dual coils it's another step up but the coils start getting pricey. Any of the following tanks would be a step up:

Evod2 glassi

Kanger Protank 2 or mini protank

Aspire Davide or mini Davide

Kanger Aerotank

Aspire Nautilus or mini Nautilus

Kanger Protank 3

There are others but that's a good place to start.

The Nautilus has ruined me. I now have a boneyard of tanks collecting dust.....:)

I still use my mini protanks and davides. The advantage is coils are cheap and they are easy to rebuild and produce better than average flavor and vapor.

Cost is the reason I stick with Kanger tanks... KPT2's are cheaper than Nautilus, and I buy my coils in bulk-packs of 50 to cut costs even further. My last purchase was @ $0.60/coil or $30/case... Nautilus coils typically are $2.50+ each.

I also have Kanger dual-coil tanks (AeroTank and KPT3-mini). They vape very well, and in my opinion, on par with the Nautilus. Coils for those are usually $0.75 - $0.90 each in bulk purchases.

The last box I bought was $30-32 from SmartVapes.com for 1.5 Ohm single-coils. It looks like they've gone up a bit... currently $40/brick, but that's still 80-cents each!

You can catch deals from many online sites, and even though I hate eBay, you can find good deals there, just be careful that you're buying genuine coils, not knock-offs. Check vendor feedback, read descriptions WELL, and when in doubt, ask a question! I have bought smaller quantities of 20-25 from eBay and practically stole them... especially the dual-coils for under a buck each :)