Coil building for mec mods questions!

meltzy

Ok so i plan on buying a Magneto v2 with an Magma rda along with a 18650 batter and charger that vaporsmith told me about. Befor i spend the money on these things i wanted to know where the best place to learn about building coils for mec mods is. Im asking because i have heard it can get abit dangerious if done wrong. What equiment do i need also would be a great help. From what i heard i dont need to sub ohm and i think i would perfer to have around 1.0 ohms. Any good places online to learn to do this before i spend my hard earned $$$ =-)

Thanks in advance this fourm is amazing!

You will need and ohm meter, some kanthal wire, wicking material (organic cotton is popular), small drill bit selection or micro screw driver set to wrap the coils on, tweezers to start. Youtube has a ton of info on coil building as well as here. On the top right of the screen will be a search function, might help you narrow things down a lil. Aside from hardware, ohms law apps and vapors tool box for android phones or steam-engine.org for help with calculateing things. You might want to consider a lower nic level for juice if you decide to use an RDA, not sure what you normaly use though. Many use 6 mg or lower when dripping. Hope that helps.

Edited by fishguy1123

Thanks ill check it out. I usually order 3 mg from alis in vapeland ! I just wanna make sure I get it right and dint blow up my batter/mod . Some articles online maje it sound super dangerous! But there's something about a mec mod with a rda that appeals to me

Oh ya,

A dripper is by far the easiest vape to rebuild and maintain, they are ridiculously simple. I started doing Kanger PT heads and by the time I got to the RDA I knew I had found nirvana, you`ll like it.

Make sure you understand that Ohms law will tell you how many amps you can pull out of your battery during a vape, and a simple vape style ohm meter will make sure you don`t have any dead shorts that might fry in your hand, it will also give you the ohm load so you can figure your amp draw easily.

For instance, I have a fresh bat in my mech, and my RDA is running at point 8 ohms. Using Ohms law for my build would be, 4.1 divided by .8, gets me a 5.125 amp load coming out of the battery, which it can handle. A much lower build, say .3 would mean I`m asking for (4.1 / .3) 13 AMPS! from my battery, and I know my particular battery can not handle that!!

Once you drop below sub ohm you really have to be sure your battery can handle the load, and that you don`t have any dead shorts that will melt down. And that you coils look pretty, ha-ha. JK, ugly coils can get it done also, :?)

When I go to you-tube, I mostly watch videos made by Pbusardo. I usually do a search there for any mod I`m thinking about buying and see what others think about it before I buy. :?)

Have fun.

R