Flavors with strong TH

radnate

Hi,

I'm Nate this is my second time getting into e-cigs. The first time I gave up and went back to analogs, this time I hope it will work out better.

I guess I'm off to a great start, my first post in this forum I won a contest (Thanks Tammy).

I am looking for some flavors other than mint or tobacco that tend to have a good throat hit (lack of throat hit is what sent me back to analogs the fist time).

Right now I have a vamo v5 with a kanger protank3.

Thanks for walking me through this everyone.

Welcome to Vapor Talk, Nate. You sure started out with a bang! :)

Throat hit comes from a variety of places. It could be your nicotine level, PG/VG level, the resistance of your coils, etc.

More PG in your liquid (70PG/30VG or 80/20) produces a harsher throat hit. Add lower resistance coils in your tank (1.5 or 1.8 ohm) and higher voltage, and it could be what you're looking for. Just keep in mind that VG is the ingredient that produces vapor so if you're vaping a high PG juice, it might not produce as much vapor as you'd like. Also, with lower ohm coils and a higher voltage on your battery, it could give you a burnt taste. Start at the lowest setting, vape. If it's not quite there for you, increase the voltage and try again. Repeat until you get the slight burnt taste and then back it down a notch. That should be the sweet spot for your juice. Good luck! :)

When it comes to Juice PG and Nic are what give you TH. A higher ratio of PG = TH The higher mg Nic = TH. start with a 70pg/30vg at 24mg and see how that works for you. The higher PG will not give you the vapor as a higher PG but you will get TH.

LOL Tam beat me by a mouse click ;)

ug. I am vaping madvapes tobacco right now. It is a 80/20 (pg/vg) mix at 36mg strength. I have the kanger 2 ohm dual coil in my tank, and I'm up right around the burnt taste point. This is still barely enoug TH for me, and it feels like I get no noticable TH from the fruitier flavors I bought.

I guess I will get some lower ohm coils.

(people say I have lungs of steel)

You might also try juices from a different vendor, not all juices are the same. Even though I vape 12 mg nic at 50/50, some vendor's juices feel harsher than others. Maybe adding an extra flavor shot might also be another option.

If you like mint, a good, strong peppermint gives me a harsher throat hit -- so much so that I have to mix it with other flavors to bring it down a bit. Juices from the Vapor Talk store are all at a 70/30 blend. They have sampler packs at a reasonable price. You could also try EC Blends. They let you customize your juices in a lot of ways. Their 5 ml bottles start at $2.50 and go up as you add things to them. This is a good way to try juices to see what works for you without breaking the bank. :)

WOW, what a difference decent juice makes. I just got my e-juice from fadora and had to try a bit before I even steeped it. The fadora apple cidar is awesome, good throat hit at half the nicotine and slightly less PG, and it tastes freakin awesome.

I guess I have been getting crappy juices, I would have never known if I hadn't won that juice I would have never known how good high quality juices could be.

THANK YOU

@ Compenstine

you asked in the contest forum how I guessed. I was going to respond back on thaat post but it is locked.

a hint was summer. someone guessed margarita, and was told close. I looked at the flavors you had made, and without a doubt I knew where you were going. you like bright flavors.

I have to say, apple is more my cup of tea, but I am going to have to buck up for the mojito as soon as it comes out.