Customer Service & Addiction

Jeffb

We live in a society where we want it now! Ordering vaping items on the internet can be stressful for addicts. We want our fix now, but that just cant happen when ordering on the internet. I do think that when it comes to online stores that sell PV materials that customer service will make or break a business. I pre-ordered the Spade last week and I'm chomping at the bits to get it. I have hounded Chris and he has been most gracious and quick with his responses. I ordered juice last night and I know there is no possible way I will get it until Tuesday. What..... I have to wait two days. :) I have noticed when people post complaints about distributors it usually revolves around there not being any contact made. We as buyers do not want to feel ignored or brushed off. We just gave you our money electronically and have nothing to show for it. That is unsettling for us. We are used to going to the store, picking out what we want, paying for it and enjoying the fruit of our harvest imeediately. OK thats my deep thought for the day. Sorry if this is in the wrong topic section.

I have to agree with you jeffb. Customer service is one of the most important things for me. Bad customer service and I'm gone. For good. Great customer service and I'll be a very loyal customer. So far I've been very lucky and had great customer service from the all the e-cig suppliers. Of course I've relied a lot on what people from this forum recommend, so how could I go wrong there? lol When it comes to my supplies I not only WANT them now, I HAVE to have them now. That's why I'm trying so hard to stock on supplies. It looks like everyone else is, too, cause everyone is out of just about everything I need. I have noticed that a lot of businesses anymore (and I'm not talking about the e-cig suppliers) do not care one little bit about customer service anymore. Maybe it has more to do with big businesses and they don't care about one small customer. The smaller businesses that are just starting out need to keep what customers they have, so are willing to go out of their way to keep them happy. I'm not sure. Just an observation. I just know I've noticed that in a lot of places, customer service isn't what it used to be. Oops, maybe I'm ageing myself here.

Customer Service has turned out to be the new oxymoron, like Army Intelligence, Jumbo Shrimp, or Pretty Ugly. Part of the reason is the loss of Mom and Pop business that NEED repeat business to survive, and part is because a generation of disrepectful layabouts have joined the workforce, who have no CLUE as to what it means to work for a living. The loss of Mom and Pop led to "Super" marts that mass hire the degenerates who could care less if they get fired, cause theres another "Super" mart down the road that will hire them ( well, maybe not in todays economy ), but you see where Im going. Then you couple that with, when you CALL a customer service line, you invariably wind up talking to someone in New Delhi with an index card in front of them that HOPEFULLY has the answer to your question on it. And , I may be going off on a tangent here, but has anyone else noticed this trend ? - It seems like EVERY SINGLE info gadget commercial I see anymore is ALWAYS done by some english accent speaking dude. WHAT THE HECK is up with that ? Even the friggin GEICO gekko. Do you know what GEICO stands for ? Government Employee Insurance Co. I didnt know it was the British Govt. ! :wtf:

You nailed it on the head Keenan.

Every time I answer a ticket in the support system, or take a phone call, or answer a PM even though I hate that people use the PM system for store questions :lol: (Only because it takes longer) I always try to remember why I started this forum. It was lack of communication with a supplier. That and ego heads on another forum.

Customers service is important. But on the flip some of the customers really bring you down. Our juice has only been on the market a few months and let me tell you some people can be down right a-holes. I'm not joking it's insane. It's why some other suppliers get so frustrated when they finally reach your email. It's nothing you've done it's just the other crazy guy person they just dealt with. BUT we take a deep breath on move on!

Anyway sorry to get side tracked, I always want to make sure like every other supplier we recommend, that we adhere to high customer service standards.

We're not rich people here and we want not only bang for our buck but appreciation for it as well, especially during a recession where money is tough.

Thanks for the reply Chris, its good to hear from a supplier and the issues you deal with. I never thought about the a**holes you and other suppliers have to deal with. I'm sure there are people out there that just assume you got deep pockets and want free stuff all the time if they tell you they are not happy. I know your pain. I work for a public agency and deal with the public on a daily basis. Customer service is hard. We all know you're swamped with not only this site and the store but also your other life.. (have you got to sleep through the night yet?) Consider this an encouragement to keep it up. You're doing a great job. :thumbsup:

Hear, Hear!

Spent the last 2 days on the phone with Comcast (cable and internet provider) for my parents. Long story short, what started out as their mix up, ended up in costing my parents an extra $50.

When I lived in St. Louis, I refered to them as "CONcast"

Christopher, I think you hit the "Hidden" nail on the head. I am so often amazed at how customers treat the poor minimum wage person behind the counter ! People more and more seem to have this "DEMAND" attitude about them and yes they are the customer spending their hard earned money, but whatever happened to the "Treat as you wish to be treated" adage ? I think customers often end up getting what they give. In other words I think we have created our own monster ! I tip my hat to those who deal with the public and thank them when they treat me right !!!!!!!

Christopher, I think you hit the "Hidden" nail on the head. I am so often amazed at how customers treat the poor minimum wage person behind the counter ! People more and more seem to have this "DEMAND" attitude about them and yes they are the customer spending their hard earned money, but whatever happened to the "Treat as you wish to be treated" adage ? I think customers often end up getting what they give. In other words I think we have created our own monster ! I tip my hat to those who deal with the public and thank them when they treat me right !!!!!!!

Good point Vape, but like I was warned back in the day, you have to treat your job, no matter what you earn, as if the next customer coming to your counter is your replacement. Remember, there are 5 illegal aliens willing to do your job for half the price. With that in mind, I will say this, when I go to the customer service counter at Wal-Mart, I have NO idea what the spanish speaking lady is saying to me, but she ALWAYS smiles and has a friendly sounding voice.

Edited by keenan

Good point Vape, but like I was warned back in the day, you have to treat your job, no matter what you earn, as if the next customer coming to your counter is your replacement. Remember, there are 5 illegal aliens willing to do your job for half the price. With that in mind, I will say this, when I go to the customer service counter at Wal-Mart, I have NO idea what the spanish speaking lady is saying to me, but she ALWAYS smiles and has a friendly sounding voice.

There is a lady, at a drive thru, that is always so pleasant. She always asks how I am doing that day. English is her second language. It brightens my day and the real Bird Dog actually gets a cookie! Now that is customer service!

There is a lady, at a drive thru, that is always so pleasant. She always asks how I am doing that day. English is her second language. It brightens my day and the real Bird Dog actually gets a cookie! Now that is customer service!

LOL! Y;know, come to think of it, the ONLY time I get treated right at the drive thru at the bank is when I bring my Dacshund, Oscar. He ALWAYS gets a treat. If I go alone, I dont even get a "good morning". Oscars cute and all, but, ....

Some people can handle ordering online, some can't. Most people understand the basics and if a problem does arise, they know that yelling and being an ******* won't help.

I used to work at a call center, 25/30 people I would talk to every day would be generally nice people, but the other 5 ruined it. It's hard to get yelled at, pressed, etc, then to forget about it and talk to the next person.

Some people can handle ordering online, some can't. Most people understand the basics and if a problem does arise, they know that yelling and being an ******* won't help.

I used to work at a call center, 25/30 people I would talk to every day would be generally nice people, but the other 5 ruined it. It's hard to get yelled at, pressed, etc, then to forget about it and talk to the next person.

I totally agree with you! The problem is those 5 people are always the worst. I think MAN how can you live life so angry? :lol: But it's just the way some people are I suppose.

There sure were a lot of good points here. I really and truly appreciate good customer service. I've had several jobs where I had to deal with customers and from an early age I was taught that the customer was always right. I've lived by that, but the times when I was not treated that way, I didn't like it. Maybe because of the way I was taught. I am always polite and do not ask for much, but I do like people to be polite to me. I can see where they could lose their desire to be polite after dealing with a bunch of ***holes, though. I'll have to think about that the next time I don't get the customer service I want. I can always try to be understanding. But, I do know that if I repeatedly get bad service, I will go elsewhere. I'm not the most patient person there is.