Hey everyone, new to this. Question about iTase vv3?

pcbeats

I was using a 2.5 ohm coil I purchased from a local vape shop that was supposedly a dual coil. When pressing the fire button, it would heat up relatively quickly (~.5-1 second). Recently I purchased a new tank that came with a 1.5 ohm dual coil. I've noticed with this coil it takes about 2 seconds before it heats up. For the record, I did also start using a higher VG juice that is far more viscous than my previous juice on the 2.5 ohm coils. My questions are:
  1. In many reviews I watch online the coils on numerous devices seem to heat up instantly. Is it normal mine would heat up more slowly or is my device defective?
  2. What might be causing mine to heat up more slowly if lower ohm coils are supposed to heat up more quickly?
  3. If low resistance coils are easier to heat, why will they not fire on some cheaper batteries?
Any help or advice appreciated, thank you.

You dont mention your device, battery, power setting etc. All of those things arr relevent

Device is iTaste vv v3, mentioned in title. Power settings I normally keep between 8 and 10 watts, though I honestly didn't notice very much of a difference at 11 watts, just slightly warmer.

Sorry could not see full title.

Viscosity absolutely effects the APPARENT speed with which your coil heats up. Imagine the difference between hot water in a frying pan vs oil.

You could try upping your voltage selection to speed up the coil a bit.

Most batteries are "protected" by a circuit that wont allow firing the coil below certain resistances. You can probably try going to a 1.2 or 1.3 ohm coil on yoir device. That's just a guess. Your manual will tellvyou the lowest ohm coil you can fire.

I was using a 2.5 ohm coil I purchased from a local vape shop that was supposedly a dual coil. When pressing the fire button, it would heat up relatively quickly (~.5-1 second). Recently I purchased a new tank that came with a 1.5 ohm dual coil. I've noticed with this coil it takes about 2 seconds before it heats up. For the record, I did also start using a higher VG juice that is far more viscous than my previous juice on the 2.5 ohm coils. My questions are:
  1. In many reviews I watch online the coils on numerous devices seem to heat up instantly. Is it normal mine would heat up more slowly or is my device defective?
  2. What might be causing mine to heat up more slowly if lower ohm coils are supposed to heat up more quickly?
  3. If low resistance coils are easier to heat, why will they not fire on some cheaper batteries?
Any help or advice appreciated, thank you.

Lower resistance coils draw more Amps, which is why they will not fire on a cheap battery... and if you go too low, on a battery that cannot handle it (without protection circuitry), you get a dangerous situation!

Using the battery you are using, circuitry protects the system and regulates the load/current to prevent explosive situations.

If you're using a static Wattage... say 9W... a 1.5 Ohm coil is using 3.67V @ 2.45A... the same Wattage and using a 2.5 Ohm coil is using 4.74V @ 1.90A... So, yes, a lower resistance coil will heat faster (less resistance), but will also deplete your battery faster, too, as it draws more Amps from your battery's capacitance.

One thing about a higher resistance coil is that they do take a fraction of a second longer to heat up, but they also cool down slower... so perhaps some of the perception of "heat" is residual dissipation?

Right, which is why I was confused! My evod glass tank with 2.5 ohm coil heats up faster than my protank mini 3 1.5 ohm.

What i'm starting to suspect is going on is this:

Local shop made a mistake when they told me my replacement coils for my evod glass were dual coil, actually got single coils at 2.5 ohms.

Single coils at 2.5 ohms were vaping my higher pg juice, 1.5 ohm dual coils are vaping my higher vg juice and in turn i'm seeing a small delay.