Haters gonna hate!

markraytoday

So I've been analog free since Father's day of this year. (Go Me!) Since then, I've noticed that there are many vapor haters out there. This is something I did not expect because quitting the cancer sticks is supposed to be a good thing right??? So why all the discouragement?? Why do I always see the news headlining " Vapor = Poison" or " "vapor industries, selling poison by the gallon". I guess what I'm trying to say is why discourage this? I have a few friends who have wanted to quit cigs and go to vaping until they read articles from the FDA or someone has told them that vape is actually worse than tobacco?

I guess my question is why is this discouraged so much? Surely big tobacco companies have nothing to do with the negativity reported on the news or the New York Times etc..?

So I've been analog free since Father's day of this year. (Go Me!) Since then, I've noticed that there are many vapor haters out there. This is something I did not expect because quitting the cancer sticks is supposed to be a good thing right??? So why all the discouragement?? Why do I always see the news headlining " Vapor = Poison" or " "vapor industries, selling poison by the gallon". I guess what I'm trying to say is why discourage this? I have a few friends who have wanted to quit cigs and go to vaping until they read articles from the FDA or someone has told them that vape is actually worse than tobacco?

I guess my question is why is this discouraged so much? Surely big tobacco companies have nothing to do with the negativity reported on the news or the New York Times etc..?

I certainly mean no offense by this but the bolded above is a very misguided statement. Special interests and lobby's control every facet of our government including and especially the FDA. Things get approved and denied based on money all the time. Otherwise it would be fruitless for drug companies, alcohol and tobacco to spend the billions they do lobbying to keep their product legal. I mean think about it, cigarettes kill more people annually in the US than about any other cause yet they remain legal and largely unregulated outside age constraints. Why? $$$$$$$$$$$

Just wait till RJ Reynolds, Phillip Morris, and Lorillard dive headfirst into the e-cig market more than they have. All of a sudden the news will turn surprisingly positive. Problem with that is the taxation of e-cig stuff is very difficult given the equipment is made in China and anyone can order from wholesale suppliers not just businesses for resale, the liquid can be made with ingredients found at Wal Mart except the nic base which is readily available about anywhere and there are countless ways to vape and mod things to make them better or more powerful. Its like regulating and taxing marijuana being a problem because there is no way to tax something that can readily be propagated by any individual that has a yard with dirt.

Edited by bcartervol98

And New York wants to ban ALL ecig juice sales.

I wont go into a political diatribe, But its all politics, and money as has been mentioned. Big tobacco is scared.

Sign the petition,

http://freetovape.com/index.php

if you don`t stand for your freedoms,

Big Gov will always be there to take them from you.

And New York wants to ban ALL ecig juice sales.

I wont go into a political diatribe, But its all politics, and money as has been mentioned. Big tobacco is scared.

Sign the petition,

http://freetovape.com/index.php

if you don`t stand for your freedoms,

Big Gov will always be there to take them from you.

Not going to get in to the big tobacco debate but just my experience with people who still smoke is they feel threatened, jealous, and weak. Not saying all of them but many do in my experience. They see their smoker friends quitting and going to vaping and many of them would like to quit too but they just can't. They convince themselves that it's not any better for you health wise and they are scared to try the switch or quitting altogether. A lot of it depends on your attitude when around them. Don't be pushy and don't act like you're better than them. If they ask you about it then be honest. Tell them what you're spending, how you feel, and what it's done for you. If you simply hound them constantly about switching to vaping and are always telling them how much you save or feel better it comes off wrong many times. Like the jehovah's witness who comes to your door early on a saturday morning preaching you about what he thinks and how you should convert. Sometimes people have to find out for themselves.

Nicely put, SteezeOG... Im always getting dirty looks from people when I vape in public... I get it though, most of the time, in my experiences I'm blowing what looks to be smoke inside. So they are upset, just a respect thing when it comes to my case... the dirty looks generally come from non-smokers who wouldn't understand at all... when I run into smokers while im vaping, atleast half of the time they are asking questions because they are interested... some people think it is expensive.

I've found in my many years of smoking that just being outside, in a corner, smoking an analog & not bothering anybody seems to make certain people feel they have the right to walk up to me and lecture about the evils/dangers of cigarette smoke. I just ask them politely to step away, lest they accidentally inhale some of my side stream. I suppose seeing someone vaping without even understanding what it is would make these people feel they have the same right.

In terms of what the FDA is doing, I figure they see a growing market and want the power to regulate and tax the heck out of it. It'll be a real fight to try to stop them.

Not going to get in to the big tobacco debate but just my experience with people who still smoke is they feel threatened, jealous, and weak. Not saying all of them but many do in my experience. They see their smoker friends quitting and going to vaping and many of them would like to quit too but they just can't. They convince themselves that it's not any better for you health wise and they are scared to try the switch or quitting altogether. A lot of it depends on your attitude when around them. Don't be pushy and don't act like you're better than them. If they ask you about it then be honest. Tell them what you're spending, how you feel, and what it's done for you. If you simply hound them constantly about switching to vaping and are always telling them how much you save or feel better it comes off wrong many times. Like the jehovah's witness who comes to your door early on a saturday morning preaching you about what he thinks and how you should convert. Sometimes people have to find out for themselves.

Ahh Yap. I really hate to generalize or judge people, but I KNOW you are right, because that used to be ME.

But I realized that vaping is`nt for every one. Vaping is for those with above average intelligence. Even a monkey can be taught to light a stick and stick it in his mouth, but vaping comes with a learning curve that has to be met head on, you have to learn or you go nuts and go right back to the cancer stick.

So anyways, Vape happy!

R