New member. Help with burnt taste.

Hello friends,

My wife had recently bought me an mvp 2 along with a kanger pt3. It has been a great simple set up so far, my only problem is that when I try to turn up the vw/vv past 7.5w or 3.5vs it gives out a burnt taste.. I checked my coil and it's puting out 2.2.. I mean is the pt3 jst not meant for that kinda heat or what??

Please Help!

sounds like it is not wicking fast enough...

or you are chain vaping and it is not able to keep up...either way it means you are burning the wick.

I'm no KPT expert as I avoid kanger products like the plague...but my guess is you are using a thicker juice with it and it doesn't like it lol.

you can soak your coil in alcohol for a couple hours and change out the juice to get rid of any lingering burnt taste and clean up any gunk on the coil, but you may still run the risk of burning it again.

sometimes you can get it burning better by limiting the airflow into the tank to help pull more juice into the coil whether it be via airflow limiter, or your finger over the air intake to pull more juice in, but only give it a few draws like that...doing it too frequent can cause flooding and gurgling (too much juice)

burnt taste almost always comes from burning the wick itself or blackening the wick (burning it lol)

and it is almost always due to the wick not keeping up with the heat.

if your wick can keep itself saturated in juice it wont burn, but if the heat is burning the juice off faster than the wick can replace it then it ends up burning the wick.

usually you combat this with lower voltage/wattage to slow the burn rate, or thinner juice or just better wicking material so the juice wicks faster...or you adjust the airflow of the tank so when you pull suction in the tank it pulls more juice into the wick.

PT3 is a dual-coil, and I frequently run my MVP with dual-coils 9W and higher, so yes, they can handle it nicely. Your variable is either your base is not allowing enough air-flow (easy fix by adding a $4 Air Flow Control base), or your juice is too thick to wick efficiently. Thus, giving you a burnt-taste at such a low Voltage or Wattage.

Factory coils really start to gum-up with high VG juices (30/70) or really sweet juices, and the wicks take a few seconds to "re-load". Also, once you burn a wick, it rarely recovers it's ability to wick juice, which compounds the problem even more... best to toss it, or re-wick it with organic cotton (if you have the desire).

I would highly suggest an Air Flow Control base! I have them on my KPT2's (single-coils) and they really make a difference in the vapor and flavor, and I can adjust the air-flow based on the PG/VG ratio of the juice I'm using.