Japanese organic cotton vs. domestic?

Oh, there is a difference in brands like Pampers or Luvs... I was referring to house-brands such as Babies-R-Us or Family Dollar... At the time, they were the same thing, exactly the same as Luvs.

Edited by Earthling789

Hey, at least we weren't comparing feminine-hygiene products :evil:

Yeah, I'm long past the diaper days, too (thankfully), but I do have a 5-yr old that is going to be learning to ride his new bike in a couple of days :animier:

Enjoy it while you can, mine is 19 and living on his own, too busy for family now. They grow up fast!

Wow,I walked into this topic at the wrong time lol.

I'll say, lol.

I recently started using this stuff called cotton bacon. I'd recommend yall give it a try. I picked it up a couple weeks ago because I didn't want to boil cotton, and it was all my local shop had for wick. It's like $6-7 for a pack that'll last any vaper a very long time. I'm digging it more than any other cotton I've tried yet, including the Japanese and domestic organic. Here's a few takeaways, imo

- It doesn't have any weird taste for the first few hits you ever take off it. I noticed Japanese cotton had somewhat of a "break-in" period where I could notice a slightly off taste (nothing repulsive, just different) when it was brand spankin' new.

- It doesn't seem to want to burn up as easily, perhaps because...

- It seems to wick the juice way better. Cotton bacon comes in strips (hence the name), which you tare off in a thickness of your desire. I'm not entirely sure, but I think it has a lot to do with the fact that cotton balls and the likes have fibers going all which directions. When you tear a strip off this stuff, all of the fibers are visibly moving in the same direction next to each other.

Snake oil or not, it's really cheap for how much you get and it seems to be and do what it claims.

Well I had an epiphany tonight. My Kanger sub tank came with Japanese cotton. I tried using organic cotton balls when doing the RBA. I kept getting dry hits and finally pulled the cotton, cut the ends and found white spots in it. So, I'm not puling the cotton apart enough to keep the liquid flowing. I rewicked with the Japanese which is already combed and no speed bumps. Much smoother draw.

I just bought some Ko Gen Do organic Japanese cotton and tried it out yesterday. Coming from whole foods organic cotton I can definitely taste a difference in a good way. I dont get the cottony taste and my liquids do seem to taste more crisp. Could be just be my mind fooling with me but I'm happy with it.