Begin With The Beginning

thepelican

Hey... finally registered after watching a ton of the VT vid reviews. Entertaining, informative, thanks guys.

I guess I have pretty standard vaper trajectory -- started smoking in high school (now a junior in college), and over the summer got the fed up with the cough, social stigma, smell and taxes. First heard of e-smoking as a shady chinese ruyan product years ago, and used to giggle at the Smoking Everywhere kiosk in the mall with my friends (while secretly being very curious). Did some investigating, ordered an Evolution kit from intellicigS.com... and got completely ripped off, never arrived and company shut down. Another few miserable months of pack-a-day analogs, and on another general forum heard of the 510, got my kit and was blown away... until starter carts ran out and i lost a battery... MORE ANALOGS... got a mega battery, a cheapo passthrough tons of juice and have been somewhat satisfied for the past two weeks... but I'm already looking for the next step! And that spade is looking awfully appealing for a first time mod (to tide me over until the bad-*** sounding JOKER comes out)... Also still trying to figure out how to get the best out of all these 510 attys... I know it might be blasphemy here, but really haven't been a fan of direct dripping (even first few vapes don't seem to compare to topping off stock carts), so also looking for the best cart mod...

that was a lot. but yo, i'm a vapor (vaper? vaporer? that e-cig trade association needs to pass a motion so i can know definitively what to call myself!). it neat little society that's emerged, and i'm happy to be a part of it!

Direct dripping or topping off the cart.. is all personal preference... I did the cart topping off for awhile, tried direct dripping a few times and just wasn't my thing. Until a month ago I really gave it a fair shake and forced myself to direct drip for the entire week... well ended up liking it a lot more and now my favorite method. :thumbsup:

Welcome Pelican,

Its so cool that after a very rocky start you still kept pursuing the your vaping dream. :) I know you will enjoy this site and the people involved. Welcome.

Your avatar creeps me out... in a good way :whistle:

Hey Welcome Pelican, hopefully you can find what you need here. So far, found a whole abundant of information and savings.

Can totally understand when your down 1 battery and in the lack of juice. I recently killed a battery and was looking for a replacement, so I'm juggling between getting more juice, getting a atty and battery replacement and having things getting ready for thanksgiving, so it's putting a real strain on my wallet at the moment. But I know if i spend the 8 bucks on analogs, it would've gone to juice or a new atty or something. :)

Vaper - Male who uses personal Vaporizor

Vapette - Female who uses personal Vaporizor

VapeMaster - Chris

VapeRobin - Vapemasters sidekick

VapeMonster - The Spade, Joker , VP's 1,2, and 3

VaperGate - What the FDA is trying to do

Vapesnake - USB Passthru

VaporTox - When You run out of juice before payday

Welcome to the forum pelican ! Hang in there and let us know how youre doing !

Edited by keenan

Vaperspective - what we all have now that we've started vaping

Vapersecution - the misguided, nasty backlash against ecigs

Vaperusal - what we do every day on VT

Vaperturb - what the entire ecig phenomenon is doing to Big Pharma

Vapersnickity - the fussy attitude we get when we get to the mod level of ecig discussions... also possibly the name of my next band. lol

Hey... finally registered after watching a ton of the VT vid reviews. Entertaining, informative, thanks guys.

I guess I have pretty standard vaper trajectory -- started smoking in high school (now a junior in college), and over the summer got the fed up with the cough, social stigma, smell and taxes. First heard of e-smoking as a shady chinese ruyan product years ago, and used to giggle at the Smoking Everywhere kiosk in the mall with my friends (while secretly being very curious). Did some investigating, ordered an Evolution kit from intellicigS.com... and got completely ripped off, never arrived and company shut down. Another few miserable months of pack-a-day analogs, and on another general forum heard of the 510, got my kit and was blown away... until starter carts ran out and i lost a battery... MORE ANALOGS... got a mega battery, a cheapo passthrough tons of juice and have been somewhat satisfied for the past two weeks... but I'm already looking for the next step! And that spade is looking awfully appealing for a first time mod (to tide me over until the bad-*** sounding JOKER comes out)... Also still trying to figure out how to get the best out of all these 510 attys... I know it might be blasphemy here, but really haven't been a fan of direct dripping (even first few vapes don't seem to compare to topping off stock carts), so also looking for the best cart mod...

that was a lot. but yo, i'm a vapor (vaper? vaporer? that e-cig trade association needs to pass a motion so i can know definitively what to call myself!). it neat little society that's emerged, and i'm happy to be a part of it!

If you are looking for a good cart mod, and have a spare clicky pen that doesn't work lying around, try the auto drip mod in the mod section. It's cheap, quick and easy, and works great!

As you can see Pelican, may I call you Pelican ? We like to have a good time here, as well as edumacate each other on the tips and tricks of vaping. You never know, YOU may come up with a new idea for everyone else. See you around the forums ! :thumbsup:

Welcome to the forum! :D

Direct dripping and cart filling is all a matter of preference, at the end of the day we can recommend our hearts out but it's really about what works for you.

I'm glad you made your way to Vapor Talk we can help you along with whatever you need along the way, glad you like the videos :D

Hey pelican--as you can tell--you have stumbled upon the nut house.

My personal preference is a combination of dripping and topping. As the flavor/vapor begins to drop off (6-10 draws/depends on frequency of draws)--add 1 drop to atty and one drop to cart.

I also prefer the straw mod for the 510 carts--allows a bit more liquid to cart and allows faster wicking. and really easy to do. I use the double barrel coffee straws(red/white). any small barrel coffee straws will work.

http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/tips-tricks/11421-cart-mod-better-refilling.html

vape (verb) to vape

vapour/vapor--the 'smoke'

vaper (noun)non gender specific

however the previous definitions were much more inspired.

serial vapist--might get you arrested......

happy vaping

P.S. the VP-passthrough is pretty amazing