Noob from Indiana

Monkeyman

Hi, all. New to vaping. I got a coupon in the mail for a Mark Ten kit and thought I'd give it a shot. I liked it (for what it is) so I decided to hit up the local vape shop. Bought a Spinner with a couple Smoktech GBCs and a couple bottles of juice. After a couple days, I decided I liked it enough that I went back and bought a Kanger Aerotank. The owner had some special mix in his rig that I liked so I bought a bottle of that. (I think that'll be my daily vape.) Decided the next day I REALLY liked vaping so I ordered an iTaste MVP. It was supposed to be v2 but they sent me a v1. Only problem I have is that it won't fire the dual coil in the Kanger. It WILL fire the single coil in the Smoktech. Anyone have any issues with the iTaste (either v1 or v2) firing a dual coil? I like the feel of it so, if the v2 will fire a dual coil (currently 2ohms), I'll find a v2.

I've either smoked, chewed or both daily for 30+ years. So far, I've gone 3 days without tobacco. (First for me!) I'm using 12mg juice. I'm hoping to drop to 6mg within a couple months then down to zero by the first of the year.

Peace!

I have 2 MVP2's, they are all I use (though I do have a couple of Evods for backup.) I have no problem with them using my dual coil clearomizer. It's an i-16b that came with my MVP2 shine.

Edited by VapeMama

I'm not sure about the V1, but on my V2 if I push both buttons at the same time by the screen it will give me the ohms of the coil i am using. It says A 1.9 for example. If the center pin of your tank is not making contact or your coil is bad it will say NON. I don't know how the center pin works on an an aerotank. I have had issues switching a tank from my spinner to my MVP. The pin wouldn't make contact.

Does it work on your spinner?

BTW I use dual coil nearly exclusively on my MVP.

Welcome to V.T.!

I'm not sure about the V1, but on my V2 if I push both buttons at the same time by the screen it will give me the ohms of the coil i am using. It says A 1.9 for example. If the center pin of your tank is not making contact or your coil is bad it will say NON. I don't know how the center pin works on an an aerotank. I have had issues switching a tank from my spinner to my MVP. The pin wouldn't make contact.

Does it work on your spinner?

BTW I use dual coil nearly exclusively on my MVP.

Welcome to V.T.!

Works great on my Spinner, not at all on the MVP. It seems the v1 doesn't do any more than change voltage and count puffs. I'm using 2.0ohm coils in the Aerotank. I tried with with and without the collar. No difference. I really like the MVP but I'm not going to spend $45 for a v2 if it won't work as I REALLY like the Aerotank. I'll have to see if anyone around here has a v2.

I wish I was more familiar with the AeroTank. It really seems to me like the center pin of the tank is not making contact with the center pin of the MVP. It should work just as well on the MVP as it does on the spinner. I had the same problem with an Aspire BDC, every time I went to use it I had to gently pull the center pin down on the tank. I am not sure this is what is happening because from the pictures I see on the web the AeroTank looks like it has a spring loaded center pin.

I have also heard of people gently pulling up the center pin on the battery. I have never tried this.

The guy at the local vape shop showed me how to slightly pull the contact at the bottom of the Smoktechs (there's a little hole at the bottom you can hook a pick into). The bottom pin on the Aerotank is solid. No place to hook a pick into.

Still not sure if I should spring for a v2 or go with a more traditional mod like a Vamo. Both are about the same money ($45 for the MVP v $50 for the Vamo). I got a partial refund on the v1 so my cost ended up being $25. Still not bad since I can easily use it with the Smoktechs.

Turns out I was screwing it in too tight. The guy down at the local vape shop squared me away this afternoon. He slightly unscrewed it and VOILA, it worked perfectly. He showed me inside the top of the MVP where there was a tiny o-ring that separates the + from the -. If the tank is screwed in too tight, it compresses that o-ring too much and causes the 2 sides to touch, shorting it out. He said to tighten it just until it starts to touch then snug it all up with the beauty ring. Since I got a v1 and like it, I'll order the better v2 now.

Great! I was sure hoping that it was just a mechanical issue. I didn't want you to have to spend a bunch of money. This has turned into a real hobby for many of us and can get very expensive. I am really resisting the urge to buy new equipment. What I have works great for me, but man I love new shiny things!

Edited by jasonculp