Opening Cartomizers

I'll be honest, I've never actually tried to refill a cartomizer. I used them only for convenience on the go.

Its not just for refilling, I ordered some blank ones too, but unlike the ones GrimGreen did the video on, they are already assembled, so I need to get the tops off without ruining them. :(

Its not just for refilling, I ordered some blank ones too, but unlike the ones GrimGreen did the video on, they are already assembled, so I need to get the tops off without ruining them. :(

I have been using a small phillips head screwdriver that would fit the mouthpiece hole insert just enough to pry out rotating around to loosen evenly, and yes the inside edge will get bent if you pull too hard.They do loosen up well after removing a few times and dont take as much effort.When they get looser i use a large thumbtack to remove them it catches the o-ring and the cover at the same time.

Hope that helps and go slow with them when they are new...

I have been using a small phillips head screwdriver that would fit the mouthpiece hole insert just enough to pry out rotating around to loosen evenly, and yes the inside edge will get bent if you pull too hard.They do loosen up well after removing a few times and dont take as much effort.When they get looser i use a large thumbtack to remove them it catches the o-ring and the cover at the same time.

Hope that helps and go slow with them when they are new...

Thanks Steve, I will give that a try. I did try a thumbtack too, and can see where that might work more easily when they get loose.

Jen

• 6 months later...

the very best is the cheapest...

stock-photo-two-paper-clasps-isolated-on-white-2347433.jpg

remove one of the wire bails and hook the end in the cap....works slick...

by the way, if you have a torn end cap, punch a hole in the end of a cartocondom and use it as a mouthpiece....gives you something to chew on and it slides on and off easily for refilling.....a soft tip from an 801 atomizer also works nicely....a 901 atomizer tip will also work if you cut the end off a cartocondom and use it as a connecting sleeve....

Edited by CartHeadMod

If you have the hard glued in top then I'd use the condom method for refilling. It's a lot easier than it looks. I had some hard tops and never did manage to get a cap off without ripping it to shreds.

Once you get the cap off I would use a drip tip or a 510 or 901 tip on them ,way easier to remove.A drywall screw snags the rubber ones real good.

Edited by mcquinn