I've searched in Troubleshooting but can't find an answer...

After only 3 weeks of vaping I have my first problem. I'm using an itastevv ver3.0 with a Kangertech T3S. Not sure what the cause is, but I have changed the coil (1.8) 3 times today after it quit firing. Battery is charged. What else do I need to check to get it going again? Thank you in advance. If this question is in the wrong area please move to appropriate space.

Sounds like the tanks not making contact do you have another tank to try on it to see if that works.

Sadly, no, I am still so new to this I had no idea I would need additional tanks. What would cause the tank to stop making contact?

The center pin on the battery may have been pushed down, or the center pin of the coils may be too tight (pushed up).

The easy way to find out is to grab the center pin on the coil with a pair of tweezers (or similar) and gently pull the center pin down a VERY tiny bit... fractions of a nanometer... Then put it back on the battery and try again.

You are using same coils? It may not be screwed all the way in to base. If so im not sure. I had that problem when my coil wasnt screwed in all the way.

Yes, same coils (1.8). I have it screwed on quite well, hesitate to tightened it much more.

The center pin on the battery may have been pushed down, or the center pin of the coils may be too tight (pushed up).

The easy way to find out is to grab the center pin on the coil with a pair of tweezers (or similar) and gently pull the center pin down a VERY tiny bit... fractions of a nanometer... Then put it back on the battery and try again.

Made an attempt at adjusting center pin but it did not move.

You have to tighten till it stops. If it still turns its not tight. You dont need pliers but definitely finger tight.

Understood. It is def finger tight. Thank you for your suggestions.

Sorry not sure whats going on then do you have vape shop by house maybe they can look at it.

Yes, I will go there first thing tomorrow, they are closed today. Thank you again.

Its most likely due to the pins not making good contact. From my experience when the mods don't fire or misfire time to time.....its always due to the pin/s being dirty.....light film forming of corrosion. Many people use some liquid cleaner to clean the metal ends/pins.....and they do work great. But its really waste of money and not needed. All you need to do is get something sharp....ive used a screwdriver...pins.....anything sharp metal and just scrach/scrap both of the end pins. Use fine Sandpaper works best and most clean. Clean the pins time to time with fine sandpaper when you notice bottom gets hotter then usual or misfires. This should fix ur issue.

And time to time bottom of the Mod will get very hot......And I believe its because the top contact is has corrosion/dirty therefore more power is going to the bottom faster then to the top to fire.

• 1 month later...

Thank you guys for solving an issue I was having with a Sigellei Telescoping mechanical using a Kanger aerotank and kanger .8 ohm coils with 18650 efest 20 amp 3100mAh batteries. The coil would fire once or twice and then act like the battery was dead, load a new battery and same thing would happen, Adjusted the center pin just a hair and works great now. I assume it had something to do with the heat expanding or contracting something, Anyway problem solved so thanks again.