Hello Few Questions

hello vaportalk im brandon im mostly new to vaping and new to the forums. i been vaping on and off for a year and the past few months i got hooked and finally off of ciggys 0/ ... well i vape now with a cigalike a blu to be exact and i refill my carts with ejuice to keep it lasting longer. i love my blu but i think its time to get out of cigalikes and move up in the vape world. i have owned all of blu products and wile i love them again its time to move on so my question mainly is wheres a good place to start what should i get to start with to see if the move will be right for me things i need.

i work long hrs so i need a bettery that will last till i get home blu works for that being it has the charging pack but most of not all mods ect. dont so again mainly i need a long lasting battery other than that i have no other specs needed that i know of

guess i should add cheapest possable again till i see if its for me and im thinking id like to get somthing all in 1 like a starter kit if possable would like a nice vape like lots of vape and now im done lol

A good starter "kit" would be the Kanger EVOD kit (IMO)... it comes with two batteries, two clearomizers, a few spare coil-heads, and a charger. The batteries come in three basic sizes (capacity), 650mAh, 900/950mAh, and 1100+mAh. The larger the mAh capacity, the longer you can vape on it before recharging, but they also cost more. The clearomizers that come with the kit are refillable, hold 1.6-1.8ml of juice (roughly), and have a replaceable bottom-coil, so they are not disposable (unless you break them, of course). You can get the kits online for ~$25, on the low-side, and your local Brick & Mortar stores may carry them as well... or another brand, like Vision, JoyeTech, or Innokin (just to name a few reliable brands).

Any of the ones mentioned above will get you started, and you can use any e-juice you like, or even the one you've been using to refill your BLU cigalikes.

Welcome to VT! And congrats on kicking analogs!

A good starter "kit" would be the Kanger EVOD kit (IMO)... it comes with two batteries, two clearomizers, a few spare coil-heads, and a charger.  The batteries come in three basic sizes (capacity), 650mAh, 900/950mAh, and 1100+mAh.  The larger the mAh capacity, the longer you can vape on it before recharging, but they also cost more.  The clearomizers that come with the kit are refillable, hold 1.6-1.8ml of juice (roughly), and have a replaceable bottom-coil, so they are not disposable (unless you break them, of course).  You can get the kits online for ~$25, on the low-side, and your local Brick & Mortar stores may carry them as well... or another brand, like Vision, JoyeTech, or Innokin (just to name a few reliable brands).

Any of the ones mentioned above will get you started, and you can use any e-juice you like, or even the one you've been using to refill your BLU cigalikes.

Welcome to VT!  And congrats on kicking analogs!

+1. Good advice Earthling!

ty earthling for the idea there as well as the welcome to the forums. so i picked up a nice starter kit seems to vape well its the one u had said about the evod. well im seeming to have an issue and it must be my vaping ways cause same e juice i been using with my blu but it seems with this tank and battery i cough if i dont hit it lightly. by that i meen press the button for maybe 3 to 4 seconds as i mouth hit then inhail if i do it any longer i cough, and one time the first use i did same method but held a vape for alot longer and i felt like i was gunna cough out my lung and coughed alot and hard for like 5 mins ... idk if its realy the pg or vg or flavoring again i used this same ejuice with my blu no issuse any ideas or tricks to make my vape better?

ty earthling for the idea there as well as the welcome to the forums. so i picked up a nice starter kit seems to vape well its the one u had said about the evod. well im seeming to have an issue and it must be my vaping ways cause same e juice i been using with my blu but it seems with this tank and battery i cough if i dont hit it lightly. by that i meen press the button for maybe 3 to 4 seconds as i mouth hit then inhail if i do it any longer i cough, and one time the first use i did same method but held a vape for alot longer and i felt like i was gunna cough out my lung and coughed alot and hard for like 5 mins ... idk if its realy the pg or vg or flavoring again i used this same ejuice with my blu no issuse any ideas or tricks to make my vape better?

What kind of juice are you using. Nicotine level flavor brand etc. The evod is creating a lot more vapor then your blu did so these factors are going to affect you a lot more using the evod over the blu. When I first started with v2 I was using 18 nic. When I got an evod I had to lower nic level because throat hit was to strong. It made me cough as well. When I lowered nic I was fine. Just my experience though.

Higher pg percentages will give a harsh throat hit, and grailhunter is correct in that the EVOD will be far more effective at producing a vapor than your BLU's did.... totally different Voltage, Wattage, and coil (both in resistance and design).

I'm guessing you're using a 80/20 pg/vg ratio, or possibly even higher... Nicotine (or Menthol) may be a factor as well, although it sounds more like your issue is pg. Now that you have a "better" system... I'd try juices in the 70/30 range, and the EVOD coils wick 50/50 juices fairly well as long as you give it a few seconds between hits, lol. I think you'll be more pleased with the throat-hit if you use a juice with a lower pg%.

im using atm vaporx 2.4 sweet strawberry i like the vaporx flavors i have used them sence i started re filling i have tryed otheres didnt like them 2 well i usuly vape the menthol flavors or more like mint lol

but i been vaping with this all day 2day at work and so on. and i must say im not using my blu anymore i think im gunna create my own mix up and make my own mod. but ill vape with this for a few more days b4 i decide to start my own creation beeing i know i want parts that i can mod to be just how i want it and fix if it breaks or needs replaced. with all my hobbies being my Supra, my rc stuff, and my self built pc i love to make it my creation so i may as well do it with my e pen as well. but ill search the forum and see what i want and so on b4 making a new post. but again im gunna give this a few days b4 i jump into that my wife will then take over this evod or ill add it to my waht ill say will be growing stash lol.

Welcome to VT spyke. Congrats on dropping the analogs. This is a great forum with a lot of good experienced people on it. There r tons of mods, apvs, atties out there. Do some research before you jump in. Safety first. Rip trippers and Grimm Green have some good vids on YouTube. Good luck, hope u stick with it.

ty and ty as well as ty lol i been watching grim and trippers lots lots of info and lots of ideas as well as a few other ppl. im when i decide to get into it going to go with making my own custome set up my own creation gunna have much info and much research i wanna make my creation my main vape as im sure most ppl here are hobbie guys n girls so they are probably making this a hobbie as well.

already got it mate im excited to maky my own mod i did alot of research and i already know my watts vs ohms so im good there i do alot of electroninc work but now ill start another post about good mods to buy as well as digi vs mech mods to find out what i want ill do that tomorrow i think as i just got a new starter kit to see how i like it see 2 days later bam another kit told u im hooked

ahh im also looking gor a cylinder not box style if possable

You can check out the cyborg. It's a tube DNA30 mod. It's pretty sweet. Might be pretty hard to find one in stock though. The DNA30 chip is the way to go on regulated mods. Just got one from Proetus, and I'm loving it. I'm going to have to build one myself soon. If u decide you want to go mech mod, and don't mind big, I would go with a 26650 mod. I have a Fat Snow Wolf mech mod and I love it.