Does this happen to anyone else?

So recent;y I have been using the aspire nautilus tank, and i love it, except every battery i seem to put it on, the 510 connection threads on the battery start to strip (i think) I was first using it on my vision spinner, and now no tank will screw on because the threads are literally non existent anymore. So foolishly about a month later i started using the nautilus with my lava tube, and the same thing just occurred, it wont any screw on, nor will any other tank. has this happened to anyone else? am i doing something wrong like screwing the tank on to tightly? im very cautious about that so i dont think thats it. any solutions?

thanks

What is stripped? The battery or the tank?

The 510 threads are the smaller inner threads on the battery and the smaller ext threads on the tank.

The ego threads are the larger - exterior on the battery and interior to the clearo

Edited by Bebop12

What is stripped? The battery or the tank?

The 510 threads are the smaller inner threads on the battery and the smaller ext threads on the tank.

The ego threads are the larger - exterior on the battery and interior to the clearo

the threads on the battery are the ones stripped

I'm wondering if you've gotten a Nautilus with bad threads or if you have a knock-off? Generally, the genuine products are much tighter on their tolerances and quality, but no product is 100% perfect 100% of the time. A knock-off would be more likely to have iffy threading, just my $0.02

I'm wondering if you've gotten a Nautilus with bad threads or if you have a knock-off? Generally, the genuine products are much tighter on their tolerances and quality, but no product is 100% perfect 100% of the time. A knock-off would be more likely to have iffy threading, just my $0.02

i got it right off the aspire website, had to put an inquiry in and everything

Do you feel you have to tighten your tank hard just to make contact or to get it to fire?

You may need to raise the center post of your battery or adjust the pin on the coil to make contact before the tank bottoms out on your battery

Do you feel you have to tighten your tank hard just to make contact or to get it to fire?

You may need to raise the center post of your battery or adjust the pin on the coil to make contact before the tank bottoms out on your battery

no i can actually put the tank on the battery and hold it there and fire it up and it works fine

speaking of the vamo, do you like it?

I do like it and it works really well. It was my first apv and I am happy with it. Knowing what I know now I might go with a provari mini when it comes time to replace it but I will use it until the wheels come off. I like how the display is positioned for easy reading and where the buttons are. I rarely use it in 18650 mode as it is just too big with an 18650 in it but that is my only complaint so that says a lot to me.