Dual coil for russian 91% on MVP 2 help

Heldar

Now, for the life of me, I cannot seem to build an acceptable dual coil for the russian that works on my MVP. Ive gotten a few coils to read at 1.0 to 1.2, but they were less than pretty and performed even less. I'm aiming for 1.8 - 2.0 ohms, which seems to allude me. Any suggestions on builds that perform well, especially suggestions as to proper gauge wire? I am currently using 28 gauge almost exclusively, or am I just chasing my tail and stick to single coils? Thanks!

Just checked it on my vapers toolbox app. You'd have to wrap each 32g coil at 9/8 to get to 1.8 ohms

Thats on a 5/65ths or 2mm rod/drill bit

Didn't even know there was such an app, ill have to check it out, thanks for the heads up!

Ill have to get my hands on some 32g when i get back from some good army training in 2 weeks, but i should have 5/65ths drill bit laying about, so should be doable.

If you have an android device you can download it. Its not on iTunes app.

I'm not so hip to have an apple, or is the android in these days? I'm just cheap when it comes to phones, so my $30 android phone was good enough. Already located it and fiddled with it! :)

Um, From my understanding the MVP 2 wont fire below 1.2 ohms. It will read the ohms below that but wont fire. I have one. :-)

Thats why im shooting for around 1.8-2.0. Ive tried a few 1.2-1.4 ohm single coils and they were OK, but the vape is a lot better around the 2.0 mark. :)

Ok. Nevermind. I just looked. You have 28g and you'd have to wrap each coil 25 wraps on a 5/64th to get to 2ohm duals. Thats a bit much. If you had some 32g kanthal, you'd only have to do 9 wraps each to get where you wanna be

Ive got an order of both 30 and 32 gauge coming, but doesnt look like it'll be here in time before I head out of state for two weeks. Ill have to fiddle with it when I get back, sadly.

Just checked it on my vapers toolbox app. You'd have to wrap each 32g coil at 9/8 to get to 1.8 ohms

Thats on a 5/65ths or 2mm rod/drill bit

Bro I just read this. I also never knew about this app. What a handy thing to have. This will definitely come in handy when I get my 22, 24, and 26ga kanthal in without having to trial by error. Massive thumbs up. You just made my day. Thanks a bunch for bringing it up.

Um, From my understanding the MVP 2 wont fire below 1.2 ohms. It will read the ohms below that but wont fire. I have one. :-)

The MVP will actually fire down to .6 ohms, but I don't recommend it. You'd probably blow out the board before long. The MVP is not a suitable sub ohm mod.

That being said, I always build my coils at about 1.3 ohms and they fire on the MVP just dandy. For dual coils I always use 32 g kanthal. 32 is not as easy to work with as 28, but with a little practice you'll be building great micro coils out of 32 in no time. Try annealing the wire before you wrap to take some if the springiness out of the wire. It seems to work well for me. My Fogger V4 has dual 9/10 wrap 32 g coils and comes in at just over 1.3 ohms. Fires great on my MVP.

The MVP will actually fire down to .6 ohms, but I don't recommend it. You'd probably blow out the board before long. The MVP is not a suitable sub ohm mod.

That being said, I always build my coils at about 1.3 ohms and they fire on the MVP just dandy. For dual coils I always use 32 g kanthal. 32 is not as easy to work with as 28, but with a little practice you'll be building great micro coils out of 32 in no time. Try annealing the wire before you wrap to take some if the springiness out of the wire. It seems to work well for me. My Fogger V4 has dual 9/10 wrap 32 g coils and comes in at just over 1.3 ohms. Fires great on my MVP.

Ok. I was told the MVP2 won't fire below 1.2 but if it will go down to .6 i may try my KFL+ at 1 ohm on it.

I found single coils to have better throat hit and vapor for my regular vaping style on the MVP with the KFL. I used 30 guage and bumped the coil diameter up a bit and found it to work well with my cotton wick that I use. I'm scared to call out a number from memory, I may wrap another one and note the specs if it works out well again.

• 3 weeks later...

since you have 28g, why don't you just do a single coil instead of a double

Thats what I ended up doing.tried a few dual coil builds and they were alright, went back and built a 1.6 ohm Single and its giving me better flavor but less vapor than the duals.