Problem with Vamo V5

So I recently ordered a Vamo V5 package. I got it within a few days and started vaping immediately. After the first day the battery went dead so I plugged it in and went to bed. The next morning I woke up, tried to put the battery in and it wouldn't turn on. So thinking it was the battery I got another one from a friend. When I try to pop it in it immediately starts making sort of a squeaking noise and will not turn on. Also when I take it out the coil on the bottom of the battery chamber heats up like crazy.

Anyway I just emailed the vendor so I can hopefully get a replacement but I thought I'd ask if anyone knows of a fix for this or at least could tell me whats wrong with the damn thing.

Sad to be back to my Ego-C upgrades... I really liked the vamo for a few hours I got to use it. :/

I think it's best we rewind a bit..... What's your vapeing experience so far? Maybe you could share a lil about your history leading up to this as well as what you put on it to vape with.... Please intro yourself so we can help more. Thanks

I think it's best we rewind a bit..... What's your vapeing experience so far? Maybe you could share a lil about your history leading up to this as well as what you put on it to vape with.... Please intro yourself so we can help more. Thanks

Well in the short time that I used the Vamo I was just using some standard 3.5ml DCT tanks. (2.5 ohm Smoktech DUAL COIL 510 DCT-2 XL-45mm). Before the Vamo I have just used ego-type pens. I prefer my Ego-C upgrades, but I also have a bunch of knock-off type batteries. This Vamo is my first time with any kind of APV...

Are you attempting to power this device on with an RDA/tank attached to it or without? Likely has a short inside the device if it is getting hot.

Well I actually tried once with (Kanger Protank II) and once without. Didn't think it would make a difference. Obviously I don't want to just keep doing that. But if it is a short is there no way to fix it? Just hope that the vendor will give me a replacement?

Don't expect good results from anything with crappy batteries. Use an efest 2000mah IMR 18650 battery and enjoy. Mine works great with them and I get about two solid days of vaping per charge with my vamo v5 using an aspire nautilus tank.

Ok, next thing is, what batts and charger did you get with the "kit"?

The battery was a 2800mah Samsung 18650 and the charger is an Intellicharger i2. The other battery is also an 18650 (TrustFire 2000mah). The old Samsung doesn't do anything, I didn't start having the noise/heat problem until I tried the TrustFire.

Trustfire is not a good battery. That's for flashlights. That charger is ok but you don't have the right batteries. I used samsung's with my vamo v3 but was told not to use them with the V5 by the company that sold it to me. They are ICR I think and not IMR. Not sure I was just told use the efest IMR 18650 and it's been a great mod. No problems getting several hours of vape time per charge and no heat whatsoever. You got to really be careful about the batteries you use. Don't go cheap or off brand. I use efest for VV/VW and nothing but sony vtc5 for mech mods.

Trustfire is not a good battery. That's for flashlights. That charger is ok but you don't have the right batteries. I used samsung's with my vamo v3 but was told not to use them with the V5 by the company that sold it to me. They are ICR I think and not IMR. Not sure I was just told use the efest IMR 18650 and it's been a great mod. No problems getting several hours of vape time per charge and no heat whatsoever. You got to really be careful about the batteries you use. Don't go cheap or off brand. I use efest for VV/VW and nothing but sony vtc5 for mech mods.

....Seriously

for vamo v5 get efest imr button top.

Okay but I'm not sure getting a different battery would solve the issue I'm having now. Is it the crappy batteries that could have cause it? The Samsung came with the package I got in the first place and worked fine up until I tried to charge it, and I know the TrustFire works with my co-workers V5..

It might, and if not, then you have it for when your replacement comes. Button top batteries are recommended for Vamo's. IMO you likely just have a short in the device and need to have it replaced. I own a vamo and notice a lack of quality compared to most other APV's. It would not surprise me if a few or several ship out with problems.

You might have other issues with the mod I can't tell without looking at it but I can say that trustfire is pure garbage and if you continue to use it to vape you're asking for problems. I wouldn't use the samsung either but that's me and since I was told not to use a samsung ICR like I had I got a pair of the efest button top 18650 like I was told and it's been amazing. On a full charge I can pretty much use my v5 all day for two days before it dies. You use that trustfire in a mech mod and you'll likely blow it up.

It might, and if not, then you have it for when your replacement comes. Button top batteries are recommended for Vamo's. IMO you likely just have a short in the device and need to have it replaced. I own a vamo and notice a lack of quality compared to most other APV's. It would not surprise me if a few or several ship out with problems.

Alright well actually I had ordered a battery a few days ago from my usual juice supplier before my friend let me borrow his, and I just checked and it is in fact an Efest button-top. Lucky me xD. I wasn't aware that the type of battery was so important, but I'll give it a try when it gets here. I suppose in the mean time I just have to hope that this vendor will replace it... :/

Thanks

Edited by Dr Danco

It's possible that your Vamo is not making a good connection with the flat top batteries. Normally they will work, just not as well...but who knows. Just get the right stuff and save the headache.

Well the Samsung was flat-top but the TrustFire is actually button top so that definitely sounds like the Vamo itself will need to be replaced... but again I suppose I will just have to wait and see...

I much prefer AW IMRs to Efest but both are good and I have both. Not sure what could be happening I have a V3 and it has withstood all sorts of abuse. Don't use it a lot anymore just because I prefer Spinners.