itaste vv V3.0

Windsong

I purchased this item as part of my "starter kit" along with a Kangertech T3S. My question is, how long should I expect this to last. Does this battery have a normal life span. Currently I am recharging about once a day. I "assumed" this was going to be a permanent piece of harware, but the more I learn, I think I may be incorrect in that assumption. Looking for some guidance and advice please and thank you.

There's no such thing as a "permanent" piece of hardware. Everything wears out in time. That said, your battery should last at least a year with "normal" usage. If you're hard on it, it may not last quite that long.

Battery technology is getting better and better, but every rechargeable device has a life-span. Many Lithium cells today will be capable of charging to 100%+, but only through the first few charging cycles, and dropping linearly to 80% through the first ~500 charging cycles. Capacity continues to drop at this linear rate through each discharge cycle, but are still capable of ~60% through ~1000 cycles, although no manufacturer will guarantee a battery's capacity beyond 500 cycles.

So, you should expect to see little change in your device's performance, even after more than a year of "normal" use, and will probably still be working quite well into year #2. Considering the fact that you won't normally fully deplete the battery on a daily basis, 500 "discharge cycles" could mean anywhere from 1.5 to 3-years of serviceable use?

Also, it is completely safe to charge a battery that is not fully depleted... without fear of "memory effect", but do not store the battery for long periods of time in a discharged state. Doing so can damage the battery's ability to recharge again.