Aspire Nautilus Troubles

So I bought the Nautilus a little over a month ago, and it was great at first. About a week into it I started to get either flooding or burnt hits. I've tried using 1.8 ohm resistance coils, and 1.6. Now, the coils only last about a day before I start getting burnt hits. I'm using 50/50 pg/vg juice, and I've had no issues at all with my Aerotank, which I've had for several weeks now. When I get dry hits on the Nautilus, I dump the juice, take the whole clearo apart and rinse it, and fill it with fresh juice and a new atty. Still getting burnt hits about a day in. I'm thinking the problem may be with my MVP2 battery. Sometimes it reads the atty resistance correctly, but a lot of the time it's .1 off. I've tried using it on VV mode as well though, and if I understand correctly that should have overridden the calculations used in VW mode, so it shouldn't be overcompensating when I do this. But I still get burnt hits. I've read before that the Nautilus didn't like the MVP so I'm considering buying a LavaTube and trying that out. What do you guys think?

-Josh

It sounds to me like the wattage may be too high, or your draw is too light to wick the fluid up the wick as fast as you're firing back to back.

Are you running about 7.5 or 8 wattage wise? I would definitely try power mode at it's lowest settings. I don't think the reading being off .1 or .2 would cause as much of a problem as you're having.

It should take longer to break in the coils than you're getting out of their whole lifespan, you might try soaking them in alcohol, rinsing them and letting them dry and then trying them again since you're throwing so many away on their first day.

It could be that the particular juice you're running doesn't wick as well on the Nautilus as it does on the Kanger, so that might be worth a try. Also, are you dry burning the coils in the Nautilus, I made that mistake although it was more of a test, I kind of expected it to be bad. A very quick dry burn with just a tap of the button burnt the crap out of the wick. But that was with a completely clean and dry coil unit.

Are you running 1.6 ohm coils in the Nautilus? If so you especially need to have the VW on a low setting. Have you tried changing the air flow to create a different draw that will help pull the fluid up the wick more?

Edited by charliestheman