MVP 2 settings

Will be getting mine this Friday...need some inf on settings. I like sweet juices....jolly rancher, watermelon,cotton candy...etc. what is the best setting for enjoying theses flavors? Also, would love crash course on my new mod!!!

Will be getting mine this Friday...need some inf on settings. I like sweet juices....jolly rancher, watermelon,cotton candy...etc. what is the best setting for enjoying theses flavors? Also, would love crash course on my new mod!!!

First things first, with your tank/cartomizer you want to snug it down where it makes a connection, "finger snug". A lot of clearomizers with long center pins can screw on to the threads too far if you go past the snug fit. Pressing both buttons on the LCD will display the resistance and battery capacity. So when you are attaching a clearomizer or tank, once it connects snug you can press both buttons and see if it shows an ohm number. If it says "NON" that means it's not contacting the firing pin unless its a short somewhere. If you get a resistance reading back, try and take a vape and if it fires it's good to go.

The biggest thing is, there's two modes, they are seperate. You can set voltage OR wattage, not both. Start running wattage mode (P for Power on the button label, it's the top button on the LCD.

There's tons of bad advice where people are instructing users to set both, which is impossible. If you set Power, and then you press the "V" button for volts, it discards whatever P you just set, and vice versa.

Set the (P) which is power to 7.5 and start vaping. Once you've vaped a lil bit, enough to warm up your tank and get it wicking, bump it up .5 at a time, and when you start to get the hint of a burnt taste back it down a click.

The lower the ohm rating, the lower your power needs to be. If you build your own coils start around 1.8 to 2 ohms, and you'll probably crank the power up quite a bit. With my protank it tends to burn at higher watts than my aspire tank with BDC. My protank is a protank 2.

When you set the (P) it's going to regulate the power for you. It caclulates the resistance in your clearomizer/cartomizer and decides how much voltage to send from the battery so that you get that wattage. When you set voltage, you're telling it not to do the math for you, to try and stay at exactly that voltage instead of adjusting it for the power output to stay the same.

If you build your own coils, start out around 2 ohms, 1.8 something like that. When the ohms get really low the MVP battery just can't put out the power it needs, you'll get a better vape with a higher ohm, at least that's my experience. If 1.8 works well you can try lower next build and find the sweet spot.

With pre-bought coils personally I like 1.8 ohm but 2.2 works almost as good so if you have a bunch of 2.2 coil units from kanger or aspire or something, you can use them just fine.

PBusardo has a great review

Edited by charliestheman

First things first, with your tank/cartomizer you want to snug it down where it makes a connection, "finger snug". A lot of clearomizers with long center pins can screw on to the threads too far if you go past the snug fit. Pressing both buttons on the LCD will display the resistance and battery capacity. So when you are attaching a clearomizer or tank, once it connects snug you can press both buttons and see if it shows an ohm number. If it says "NON" that means it's not contacting the firing pin unless its a short somewhere. If you get a resistance reading back, try and take a vape and if it fires it's good to go.

The biggest thing is, there's two modes, they are seperate. You can set voltage OR wattage, not both. Start running wattage mode (P for Power on the button label, it's the top button on the LCD.

There's tons of bad advice where people are instructing users to set both, which is impossible. If you set Power, and then you press the "V" button for volts, it discards whatever P you just set, and vice versa.

Set the (P) which is power to 7.5 and start vaping. Once you've vaped a lil bit, enough to warm up your tank and get it wicking, bump it up .5 at a time, and when you start to get the hint of a burnt taste back it down a click.

The lower the ohm rating, the lower your power needs to be. If you build your own coils start around 1.8 to 2 ohms, and you'll probably crank the power up quite a bit. With my protank it tends to burn at higher watts than my aspire tank with BDC. My protank is a protank 2.

When you set the (P) it's going to regulate the power for you. It caclulates the resistance in your clearomizer/cartomizer and decides how much voltage to send from the battery so that you get that wattage. When you set voltage, you're telling it not to do the math for you, to try and stay at exactly that voltage instead of adjusting it for the power output to stay the same.

If you build your own coils, start out around 2 ohms, 1.8 something like that. When the ohms get really low the MVP battery just can't put out the power it needs, you'll get a better vape with a higher ohm, at least that's my experience. If 1.8 works well you can try lower next build and find the sweet spot.

With pre-bought coils personally I like 1.8 ohm but 2.2 works almost as good so if you have a bunch of 2.2 coil units from kanger or aspire or something, you can use them just fine.

im not that long winded. Fine job.

I have the MVP 2..I also vape cotton candy , its my favorite flavor and can be tricky when it comes to burning coils and flavor loss after a certain time vaping.. what tank are you using on it? With that flavor I tended to stick around a 2.2-2.5 ohm wick and 5-7 watts or 4.2 volts.. I found that a 70/30 60/40 vg/pg works best with that flavor, but this all depends on what tank you use and coil (dual coil-single coil and other types of tanks/attys. I actualy experienced vape hit/time problems with mine.. After about 4 months of vaping it the over time vape went from 10 seconds to like 3-5 seconds and it got passed on to my buddy who is just atarting to vape.. If you realy want a preview check out pbusardo's video review of the mvp2.. he is very well know and does the best reviews on Utube.

I usually vape my fruity juices at around 7 or 7.5 watts. I get the best flavor there. I go to 6.5 to 7watts for anything that has mint, menthol or otherwise icy flavors, depending on the juice. But that's just my preference. For my coffee vape I usually use 6.5 watts. I use 2.2 ohm coils in my Evod and my mini PT2 tanks. I rarely use the voltage setting on mine.

If you don't like a really "airy" and loose draw you may not love the iClear 30 tank, for me personally I liked the 30S much better than the 30 when I first got the MVP, but my vaping is more advanced so I should probably revisit the 30 and see if it fits me better now that I'm freight training with the deep lung hits, as Rip Trippers would say.