Thinking about moving to TX

I live in upstate NY currently and after this past winter and even this spring I just want to say f it and move south. So I've been looking into Texas. Seems to be where I should be living. It may get hot but it's probably tolerable compared to upstate NY's nasty suffocating humid heat in the summer. Not only is the weather nicer down in TX but there's no income tax so that'll put an extra 50 bucks back into my pocket every week AND according to my research the economy is still almost #1 in the entire United States so there's probably a plethora of job opportunities down there compared to up here.

I'm not in Texas I'm in Louisiana, but I'd be happy to answer any non specific questions about the South one might have. Do you drink iced tea? That seems to be an important characteristic. Oh and no matter what kind of carbonated beverage you drink, it's called a "coke"

"Would you like a coke?" down here would be followed by "OK We have Sprite, Dr. Pepper, Orange Sode, diet coke and coke. Which kind of coke will you have today?" I don't know what else y'all are used to drinking up there, but we aint got "pop" south of the mason-dixon line ;)

Where at in upstate?

Bet the humidity is a killer right now, been a long time since I've been there.

Rochester (aka Crotchester). Lol. It's actually still cold up here the highest it has been is in the low 60s so far this Spring.

I'm not in Texas I'm in Louisiana, but I'd be happy to answer any non specific questions about the South one might have. Do you drink iced tea? That seems to be an important characteristic. Oh and no matter what kind of carbonated beverage you drink, it's called a "coke"

"Would you like a coke?" down here would be followed by "OK We have Sprite, Dr. Pepper, Orange Sode, diet coke and coke. Which kind of coke will you have today?" I don't know what else y'all are used to drinking up there, but we aint got "pop" south of the mason-dixon line ;)

It's weird but everyone I know calls carbonated beverages "pop" even my own family but somehow I call it "soda" not "soda pop" just "soda." I have no idea where I picked that up from. Lol.

I'm originally from TX. I always like it myself. Most of the people r nice and the weather is good most of the time. Check out Austin, it's my favorite city in TX.

I'm looking to move to somewhere in Northern TX like the Dallas/Ft Worth area. Where there's green grass and less desert insects, lol.

I live in San Antonio. IMO the best city to live in, in the great state of Texas. People are nice, food is great. What type of activities do you do for fun? Austin is great if your into the festival, social, drinking, party scene, but be prepared to pay a lot more for everything (though im sure its less than Yankee New York). I would say away from Houston and Dallas at all costs unless you have a lot of money and can get into the burbs. San Antonio is the best of everything. Has a booming job market (one of the best in the country), cheap cost of living, traffic is much better than the previous mentioned cities, close to the beach (2.5 hours) close to Austin (1.5 hours), professional sports, and theme parks. If you have any questions ill be happy to answer them. Grew up in TX and went to school in MT.

On another note. GO SPURS GO!

as far as work goes what are you looking for or can you transfer? I live in Houston which isn't too bad but to be honest Id rather live on the outskirts say Humble or Spring...even Cleveland, though you get the rednecks around there but plenty of trees, cheap land, and some decent riding if your into motorcycles. Really like Austin exp around lake travis but that is kinda hill/rocky/cacti area but such a nice view and good rides.

I live in San Antonio. IMO the best city to live in, in the great state of Texas. People are nice, food is great. What type of activities do you do for fun? Austin is great if your into the festival, social, drinking, party scene, but be prepared to pay a lot more for everything (though im sure its less than Yankee New York). I would say away from Houston and Dallas at all costs unless you have a lot of money and can get into the burbs. San Antonio is the best of everything. Has a booming job market (one of the best in the country), cheap cost of living, traffic is much better than the previous mentioned cities, close to the beach (2.5 hours) close to Austin (1.5 hours), professional sports, and theme parks. If you have any questions ill be happy to answer them. Grew up in TX and went to school in MT.

On another note. GO SPURS GO!

Do you know much about Irving, TX? That's where I'm looking to move. As long as the crime rate is lower than here I'll take it. Murders and shootings happen so frequently here that I skim right over those headlines when I read the news.