Hi from Texas!

Whenever I google something about vaping I always come across a page from this website so I decided to post and introduce myself. I'm Laura and I'm from Texas. I have been a smoker for ten years prior to switching over to vaping and I didn't actually switch as gracefully as many others had. It was kind of a battle between the cigarettes and vaping. When I started vaping it wasn't really popular and people kind of looked at me strange and didn't really understand what I was doing. But then there was our first actual vape shop in the area. And they did a bunch of fun events like releases, classes, and gave kind of a social outlet to encourage me to continue on this vaping pattern.

I wasn't going to continue until a really cute man stepped out from behind the counter and showed me an amazing setup. I still go to him for setup instructions and recommendations; however, I don't have to go very far as he's often in the living room rebuilding his own setup. (Yup, we got married!)

I think meeting my husband through the vaping community was a really healthy step in the right direction. I know people can't quit unless they want to, but sometimes a right push.... or special interest ;) ... in the right direction can really help!

I have a lot of different setups since my hubby does run the shop. So whenever there is something new we're almost always trying it at home first before we sell it. Right now I'm vaping my K100 with my Atomic RBA. It's a pretty simple but sweet setup. Coil is built at a .7ohm. Big fluffy clouds with cool smoke.

Vaping has not only saved my health and life but now has brought a new family together revolving around a growing hobby.

Fun stuff! Hope to meet some more cool people in the community!

Welcome to the site Laura. We're almost neighbors, I'm in Louisiana. There's quite a few Texans I've noticed. That's awesome about you and your husband. Even though I'm a guy and of course guys don't care about the mushy stuff (lol) I've always thought it was neat Grimm Green met his wife on the vaping forums and then started a their namber juice company together.

Crazyavonlady happy anniversary to you too. It's funny how we meet our soulmates sometimes. I'm an IT nerd, and in a computer science class I had a flash drive in one of those stupid plastic hangy packages (i hate those things), and I couldn't get it opened. After fighting with it, this really smokin hot lil blonde chick next to me was like "Give it here, I'll open it for you." I was thinking she had scissors or something, but she went rambo/incredible hulk fingers on it and just ripped the package apart. Three years later we are planning to get married and have a very happy little family and amazing relationship.

Laura I bet it's nice most of the time having a hubby in the industry. However I'd be broke all the time, even if I was buying at cost lol. There's just so many fun toys in the vape world. I'd love to see a few pics of the vape shop sometime, I'm in an area with a vaping population too small to support a dedicated vape shop right now.

Thanks y'all! :) I appreciate the welcomes!

Crazyavonlady, that is awesome! Congrats on you two! You really don't know how you'll meet the one you're meant to be with. I started vaping before I was fully cigarette free. I kind of had a rocky start. I would say the last time that I bought cigarettes had to be in 2009. But I had a few packs hidden throughout my startup in the vaping world. It didn't really get me until I actually got a system that worked really well. And a marriage to go with it! Our three year wedding anniversary is June 1st! So close!

Charliestheman, that's so sweet coming from a guy who doesn't like the mushy love stuff ;] Congrats on your relationship, too! You really don't know how these things are going to play out. Having a husband in the industry is nice. He always gets a product in for himself to test before he sells it. He works off the principle that he isn't going to sell something unreliable that doesn't work for him. I don't get to go much into the shop mainly because I can get a little ahead of myself with organizing things and he hates not knowing where things are. (Even though my method is better!) GrimmGreen is amazing. He's great for staying up to date on the latest news. I haven't had a chance to order some of his juice, but I bet that is amazing too! It's nice having options but I always go back to my normal setup as long as I'm not being bribed to test something out for the shop. It just gets hard keeping up with which builds are current and which builds need to be redone and what juice is in what.

You really never know. I've met people who were smokers who never even heard of it and as soon as they got a brief intro they are hooked! It spreads fast.

Edited by LauraBeauty