First KFL+ coil

Eaglewtchr

I finally built my first coil. I used. 28ga Kanthol 10 wrap on 5/64 drill bit Cotton wick 1.4 ohms. I watched alot of youtube videos and did the simplist build. Alot of the videos showed taking the leg on the right to the post on the left and vise versa. Is that acually correct or does it matter witch leg goes to which post? Thanks.

Edited by Eaglewtchr

One other question. What is the lowest recommended ohm coil on the KFL+? I have read 1.2, 1.0. I have also read in some google searches people going as low as. 5. I'm guessing that all atty's are made for a certain "low" ohm. So, How low can i go? Lol..

Oh, Im using a Nemesis clone with a Efest 18650 1600mah battery.

The problem with sub-ohming a kfl+, in my experience, is a lack of sufficient airflow to keep the coil/s from scorching the juice. Again, this is just my opinion. There are other people here that love the KFL+, but its not my fave due to the airflow. I'm more of a fan of RDAs and TONS of airflow

If you like the way the kfl works, thats great. But there really isn't much need to sub-ohm it. If its big vapor you're after, then the kfl won't get you there. Its more of a device to build exceptional coils for getting the most flavor. You won't need subohms for flavor.

Cool cool. I love the flavor on the kfl+. Best flavor since i started vaping. Makes my straight menthol (no tobacco flavor) at 50/50 24 mg rocks. If i wanted to cloud chase and sub-ohm what would be a good atty to start with and still use my Nemesis?

I don't wanna come across like an azz when I say this but I need to list out some things first.

You'll need:

1. A good understsanding of Ohms Law

2. An even better understsanding of proper batteries to use (ie. C rating, peak amps, nominal amps, etc)

3. And even more better understanding of battery safety.

4. An Ohms checker (I CAN'T STATE THIS LOUDLY ENOUGH)!

5. Coil building knowledge (which you seem to have started gaining)

6. Good batteries for subbing (Sony VTC4's, 5's, or a good nominal 30amp rated)

7. Dedication to vaping safe

These are some of the biggest issues we have as some people get into sub-ohming or "cloud chasing". Those of us here that sub ohm are extremely safety conscious.

With all that said, a good atty to start out with is the Patriot. Clone or authentic. Either one. The authentic has a much better build quality and the holes in the posts are a tad bigger. But I have both and do some good builds on each. Clones are the way to go if you're on a budget and help you learn on. If you get the patriot clone, make sure you get the 22mm one. Vape Safe, Vape Happy, & Vape Often!

No your not. Most of the people posting info to others seem to have years of experience and i have only been doing this 8 months and ask many questions before i "try" anything. I wanna live. I just think "cloud-chasing" is cool, amazing. One day i want to try it but not untill i ask all the questions i need to ask. Even then. I dont know. Just trying to gain knowledge. I think vaping is cool and big clouds are even cooler.. :D