Here's a nice little trick that I did to improve my nautilist tank performance

I just purchased a nautilist tank 4 days ago and have had nothing but a bad experience; loose draw, burnt coils; no throat hit and very lacking on the flavor. I decided to put a piece of silica on top of the coil head right on top of the coil last night...problem solved.. II get a great throat hit now,flavor and performance has improved drastically... The coil head has not burnt out yet.. I believe there are some huge quality control issues going on with these heads; they obviously can't keep up with demand because I have talked to at least 5 or 6 brick and mortar stores in my area and they all say that the coil heads are in high demand and short supply so to me that leads to quality control issues.. I am wondering if anybody else is experiencing the same problems that I am? Because from what I'm reading these tanks are getting rave reviews and up until my fix I did not get what the hell people were talking about

Edited by 1cheater

I'll give this a shot since it can't hurt anything. The flavors do get muted after about 3-4 days imo.

I'm testing out now, I really need juice on my coils as I run both the 3rd and 4th air holes open together.

I used 3 strands of 1mm silica I unrelated and made a U shape and layed it on the top coil, that will hold it in place on the side walls of the coil.

Edited by Dasfriek

I'll give this a shot since it can't hurt anything. The flavors do get muted after about 3-4 days imo.

I'm testing out now, I really need juice on my coils as I run both the 3rd and 4th air holes open together.

I used 3 strands of 1mm silica I unrelated and made a U shape and layed it on the top coil, that will hold it in place on the side walls of the coil.

LOL...I did the exact same thing so they silica doesn't fall and stays on the coil..works like a charm.. also, my chimney/drip tip would heat up when chain vaping; not no more... I also boil them in water for like 30 minutes then dry burn after it drys from boiling; this works to clean the coil heads.

Edited by 1cheater

I lined inside of the coil with 1mm silica in a spiral and then added the flavor wick so it stays saturated at all times.

I may try and boil some cotton and try that also as working with silica is a pita in such a tight area.

My taste buds are fried atm and my juice is very lite but I can still tell it did increase flavor.

I'll keep the flavor wick installed for a while and see how it does.

I'd really like to see someone else try this.

But I can run a full 1 watt less and yet get 2x the hit.

More vapor and more flavor and you can actually hear the coils a lot more.

There is no way I can take pics to show what I done since all I have is my cell phone and it don't do macro's.

The trick is getting the new flavor wick to stay in contact with the wick sleeve, I used a spiral to line the whole area above the coil and it contacts the sleeve perfectly. And it helps to hold the long "U" shaped wick to stay on the coil.

Cotton should work well and I have some hollow 3mm ecowool to try.

I liked my nautilus tank for about the 1st 2 weeks, now not so much. I think I liked it just cause it was something different. Its not a bad tank, it does its job, I haven't had any problems with it other then its dam near impossible to get the coils locally.

I have a nautilus and an aero tank. I like both of them. I like the aero on my VTR and the nautilus on my tesla and lavatube v2.5. The nautilus works pretty good with the coils it comes with, but if u replace them with your own made coils with cotton wick it works a whole lot better.