Hello, Advice needed please

Hi,

I am new to this forum and also the vaping world. My wife and I both decided a week ago to quit smoking cigarettes and start vaping. I am enjoying and have been trying new flavors. My wife on the other hand is just trying to find that same feel as a cigarette. She is using an Ego style battery with an RBC cartomizer and the coil is 2.4 ohm. Her complaint is she can not get that feel in the back of her throat like a cigarette would give her. She explains it as the "scratchy feeling" Does anyone have any advice to help her out. She wants to make this work but is getting a little frustrated. Is there any equipment changes she can make? She does like the flavor just not the feel.

Welcome to Vapor Talk!

First, what nicotine level is she using? Second what juice is she vaping? What is the PG/VG ratio?

PG stands for Propelyne Glycol: it carries the flavor and Throat Hit (that scratchy feeling).

VG stands for Vegetable Glycerin: it carries the sweetness and Vapor Production.

She may need a higher nic level and/or a stronger PG/VG ratio. Many juices are a 50/50 mix. She may need something like a 70/30 PG/VG.

Hope this helps!

She is using 18mg nicotine level and I am not sure of the mixture ratio. The juice comes from a local sort of chain store in our area that has 5 locations within 30 minutes of us. I do not think they will do a custom mixture. Thank you for your input and we will definitely see if we can try to find something she likes that will custom mix that ratio.

How much did she smoke before? I smoked a pack a day and I started out with 24mg. That makes a difference in throat hit as well as the pg/vg ratio. As far as equipment, you get a much stronger hit off a lower resistance cart, like a 1.8ohm. She could also try experimenting with a vv battery life the vision spinner or itaste vv.

Thank you all very much for all of the advice. I bought her a vv battery last night and it was like night and day for her. She is now able to get the flavor she wants and is also willing to try other flavors than just tobacco flavors. Now she is stealing my tanks with different flavors in them.