So I know the basics about pg/vg. What I didn't know was that my first vape, the one that got me hooked and off of analogs, the one I still turn to when I want my adv, was 40pg/60vg and the second one was 30/70. Both by G2, local here to my county. (Which gets the liquid like triple bonus points, I love supporting small businesses and local businesses).

Maybe that's why a 50/50 blend seems a bit harsh? What do you prefer, and why?

The pg carries the majority of the flavor and throat hit. So, generally the higher the pg, the stronger (harsh) throat hit. But thats not to say you can't get awesome flavor from a low rg/ high vg juice. Case in point: Fadoravapor! All the juices I have from him are low pg (15-0), and the flavor is extrordinary! And the vapor production?!?! It sometimes still chokes me upon exhale!

I prefer at least 60vg but my all day vapes are from Fuzion and are listed as. "No PG Added". They stop short of saying PG Free because some flavorings have PG in them.

At this point I want no throat hit. And remember when you are ordering online you are also supporting small businesses unless you order directly from China. All three places I order stuff from are online and I have spoken to the owners multiple times.

I went into a vape shop once in my hometown. There were 0, then 5, and now back down to 2 since 3 have closed. They gave such ****ty advice and were so overpriced I never went back and it's no surprise they are closed . I live in the south and a lot of people that frequent the shops have no idea how badly they are being raped on cost of hardware. A lot of "country" folks are scared to order anything online.

If the local shop carried Fuzion liquids I would buy them locally if they were competitively priced but will never buy any hardware there.

Edited by bcartervol98

B, totally understand.... And we do order stuff online (especially hardware) and will be ordering some juices online now that we've tasted some.

I love my G2 though. Love it. Love it. Love. Love. He gets bonus points for having ONE person to do all the mixing (he says he can be sure it's done right), and it being made in our county. We had a bottle leak, don't know why but possibly because my husband may have not tightened the lid all the way, I was not a happy wife. He invited us to the lab, and gave my husband a brand new one (we kept insisting that we didn't want it, we would be loyal no matter what). He's got clean rooms, and nobody is allowed in, I mean like surgically clean. While we were there, he was tasting different coffees to make a flavor I requested, probably won't be out for like a year but still, the fact that a customer's suggestion is taken so seriously is awesome. Flavor doesn't diminish with the loss of PG. There are currently 3 lounges that we visit on our weekend rounds. Atmosphere has a LOT to do with it, and because of my husbands position as an Admin on the MD Vapors Facebook Group, we want to be able to see what's going on and be able to help others like we have been helped. I can't wait to order my liquid from Comp-- but I have to wait for us to replenish our vape budget (something we take very seriously).

I'm originally from southeast GA, so I get what you're sayin about country folk. My momma lives in the mountains of NC, and she wants to start vaping, but she's waiting for me to get down there and get her set up with liquids and hardware.

What ratio gives the most smoke/steam? I just ordered some 70 PG/30 VG Virginia tobacco in hopes that the higher the PG the more steam. Currently using Zen which isn't producing more than a tiny puff, just isn't cutting it (bought a pack of winstons.) I'm a newbie with a VTR.

What ratio gives the most smoke/steam? I just ordered some 70 PG/30 VG Virginia tobacco in hopes that the higher the PG the more steam. Currently using Zen which isn't producing more than a tiny puff, just isn't cutting it (bought a pack of winstons.) I'm a newbie with a VTR.

Ok. First things first, the term you are looking for is "vapor". Second, the PG carries the flavor and throat hit, VG carries the vapor production and some of the sweetness. I'm not sure what kind of device the "Zen" is. The VTR you have is a great APV (advanced personal vaporizer)!

Be advised though, that a higher VG juice may not wick as well due to being a thicker liquid. The higher PG juice you have coming to you isn't gonna help your vapor production.

If your atty (atomizer) is a bottom coil style, then wicking won't be as much of an issue with higher VG. But clogging and dry hits can/may happen. Hope this helps!

PS- please be sure to read the previous posts in this thread. It would've saved you the trouble of posting your question, as it is explained above.

Edited by Joshuab3687

I did read it but my first post in the newbie section I thought said higher PG= more vapor and wanted a third opinion. I ordered a davies tank with two coils on the bottom so the thickness shouldn't be an issue (hopefully).

Thankyou for your help.

btw Zen is the brand name of the e-juice I have now I suspect it is cheap junk?. Just ordered a 50/50 Vaperite VR4 and hopefully that with the tank will produce some vapor.

Edited by regal

• 2 weeks later...

I've found that I'm more and more going with high VG juices and the PG really dries my mouth and throat out, and over all doesn't feel as smooth to me. I've been using a 80/20 VG/PG mostly now and have been tempted to try a 100% VG just to see how it works out.

I'm so frustrated w the pg/VG blend stuff.

I do like higher VG, but then I end up spending half the morning unplugging my tank to stop the flooding gurgling etc. It gets pretty nippy in here and its all the tanks that do this.

Even does it at 50/50 and lower VG. I Dont like high pg so short of sleeping w the dang tank under my pillow I am just frustrated.

I'm so frustrated w the pg/VG blend stuff.

I do like higher VG, but then I end up spending half the morning unplugging my tank to stop the flooding gurgling etc. It gets pretty nippy in here and its all the tanks that do this.

Even does it at 50/50 and lower VG. I Dont like high pg so short of sleeping w the dang tank under my pillow I am just frustrated.

Not sure about that. The VG is a little thicker but I only use tanks (Davides and KPT 2s) and have no issues since the first bottle after my supplier took any added PG out of their liquids. I actually like it better now. The flavorings thin it out plenty for use with a regular tank.

I literally cannot remember the last time I had a tank gurgle or flood outside of traveling over the mountains. Drastic changes in altitude get me every time. Not sure about cold, I try and avoid cold at any cost haha.

Edited by bcartervol98

Its only happening in the cold mornings.. it snowed all night last night again,

and it happened w my kpt2 this morning and late last night. I may have to just clean the tank every night.

I'm not enjoying the cold anymore and well at 4500ft its always a cold morning, it really affects the juice but I have to say it didnt happen when I used comps juices... hmm

Another reason to move south... and buy higher quality.