The Ptb Mod Rocks!

Hurricane

• 3 weeks later...

It took me a while, but, as promised, here is a Youtube vid of the PTB mod in action. It is actually a short review of the JOYE 510. I hope I don't scare you all too much. lol :D

<object width="500" height="405"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=41l6jzBT6nE&hl=en_US&fs=1&color1=0x006699&color2=0x54abd6&border=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=41l6jzBT6nE&hl=en_US&fs=1&color1=0x006699&color2=0x54abd6&border=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="500" height="405"></embed></object>

10058.png

Here is another attempt at embedding the Youtube vid i made. I hope this works.

<object width="445" height="364"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=41l6jzBT6nE&hl=en_US&fs=1&color1=0x006699&color2=0x54abd6&border=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=41l6jzBT6nE&hl=en_US&fs=1&color1=0x006699&color2=0x54abd6&border=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="445" height="364"></embed></object>

Hurricane

10058.png

I love ptb its the only way i go now i have heard somewhere that some suppliers are now selling carts with the ptb so you dont even have to diy

GrimmGreen's shredded PTB version is the best, its under his video's on YouTube.

Edited by mergryphon

I love ptb its the only way i go now i have heard somewhere that some suppliers are now selling carts with the ptb so you dont even have to diy

Did you try the autodrip, PTB is better in your opinion? Refilling the autodrip is a pain though.

I actually got some PTB carts now I can't remember where. Though we like the whistle tip for the 510 carts not sure those are out there.

I haven't tried the auto drip mod. I'm not sure I would. I would be concerned that the auto drip would flood the atty. The PTB wicks really well, holds a lot of liquid, and allows for some awesome vapor production. It is definitely my favorite mod so far. :D

Hurricane

10058.png

I haven't tried the auto drip mod. I'm not sure I would. I would be concerned that the auto drip would flood the atty. The PTB wicks really well, holds a lot of liquid, and allows for some awesome vapor production. It is definitely my favorite mod so far. :D

Hurricane

10058.png

If the PTB is working just forget the auto drip im tossing my auto drip stuff after 2 days trial with the PTB mod.Until its beat the PTB and 510 are champ....

If the PTB is working just forget the auto drip im tossing my auto drip stuff after 2 days trial with the PTB mod.Until its beat the PTB and 510 are champ....

I've been using both. For me it's a wash. With the ADM you have to get your filler amount right, with PTB you have to get the dang thing cut up and rolled (unless you get the premade from cignot). I seem to get better flavor with the PTB vs the Poly with ADM, but a cart will last me longer with ADM than PTB.

All in all I'll probably continue using the tea bags, as so far it seems to wick okay, washes easily and cart life is still better than dripping. Flavor comes through the nylon type material really well, and I don't need to carry a syringe to refill with (I never messed with taking the poly out) so being able to simply drip into the cart to refill is nice.

I was just getting used to the ADM...let me go back and read up how to do it. Wasn't there two methods, shredded or rolled? I think the cignot ones were rolled?

from another post I made today dont know how to link to it...

To use cut seems off ,remove string,remove tea,when you cut all seams you end up with 2 rectangle peices can make 2 carts with 1 PTB.I set it down long left to right and fold top edge all the way down about three times.The fold should a little bigger than the size of the letters in this post. then roll it up.So now you have a thick end that will be the top of cart and insert and cut to lenght(cut the bottom end not trifold end) so its just below cart top or flush.Remove and fill with about 7-10 drop and insert it back in.To refill just put drop in slow dont have to take out and I find 6-8 drops does not over fill it.Just do slowly.

Im no artist but hope this helps LOL...

______________________ this is cart top end

Fold 1 area

Fold 2 area

Fold 3 area

______________________ cut from here to fit

When its in the cart it looks like the coil heater part of a car cig lighter.Mine work great!!!Just dont overfill them they will leak I would stop a 9-10 drops if bone dry.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanx - will have to give a whirl though being lazy I ordered some from cignot. But they are so expensive, if it works, I'll do homemade.

So I do like this mod, question though, anyone try a hybrid of the autodrip and this? Cut the tea bag up, roll it up and insert up to the spring that was inserted? Since this allows filling without pulling the material out, wouldn't the spring plus this be the best of both worlds. Only issue I can picture is if there's not enough material to prevent the fluid from just pooling on the wick. On a side note, I think the tea bag material was pushed back and now I got a nasty burnt taste. Seems to not be going away...eeeeewwwwww.