eBay false advertisement

Isn't it illegal to post something on eBay as the legit brand and it actually be fake? I purchased a k101 from eBay and it's completly different from the one I already have. It came in the same zip up case and everything the batteries are the same, same charger. But the threads are completly different. And the actual mod is bigger than my original. It works fine but I'm just curious.

Isn't it illegal to post something on eBay as the legit brand and it actually be fake? I purchased a k101 from eBay and it's completly different from the one I already have. It came in the same zip up case and everything the batteries are the same, same charger. But the threads are completly different. And the actual mod is bigger than my original. It works fine but I'm just curious.

That policy usually only works with big companies like clothing, home and kitchen ware, etc stuff like that. I remember I was selling an Authentic 32gb Sony SD card and ebay took it down because sony said it was "Counterfeit" mean while I bought it at a BestBuy.. go figure.

Ebay is probably either on par or worse than flea markets or Craigslist to buy vape gear. I have all but begged people to just not do it. Its the worst available source possible.

Condemning all of the eBay vendors with such a broad stroke is neither fair nor accurate. Racists like to do the same thing with minorities.

I have no problem with a clone but when you post and say its a "Kamry K101" I'm expecting it to be a real Kamry and the fact that it came with the authentication code I think the person I bought it from took the real mod out and switched it with a clone.

I can see that it does seem official.

But a quick search shows some subtle differences between the K100 and the newer K101.

KSERIES1.jpg

Is this what you are talking about? Looks like the top piece on the K101 is also a slightly larger diameter, may be to accept some of the larger diameter tanks that would not fit with the original K100. A Kanger Evod would fit, but the Kanger T3s would not.

If those are the differences you noticed you may infact have the official Kamry.

That said some caution should be used when buying from eBay. Looking more closely I see some disturbing negative feedback.

http://feedback.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewFeedback2&userid=orangess2012&myworld=true&items=25&iid=-1&de=off&which=negative&interval=365

That would enough to make me look for a another vendor.

I didn't mean to paint all eBay vendors with the same brush and it's a far stretch from what it is compared to in a previous post.

What I mean is while every vendor on eBay is not bad, most bad vendors are on eBay at some point in their existence and after a year of reading this forum there has been post after post about doing extra research if buying something off eBay and horror stories from those that didn't.

Just my opinion. I share the same opinion about eBay in General. Craigslist too for that matter.

I didn't mean to paint all eBay vendors with the same brush and it's a far stretch from what it is compared to in a previous post.

I understand. I guess I was a bit harsh in my post. I really think eBay has a decent system in place to help in making a determination, all things considered.