NEED SOME HELP WITH VV/VW SETTINGS PLEASE!

Ok so I am getting ready to purchase a new mod and want a vv/vw mod this time. I have been looking for a dna 20 or 30 mod and have a few I am in the process of trying to get my hands on. Now my question is what ranges do you guys normally vape at with these or what do you think is a good range to use for volts and watts? I use halo e liquid all the time and smoke the same flavor (SubZero) all the time. I have a iclear30s dual coil tank that i always use since i dont have any otheres. Now from what I have seen it seem slike most pople go around 7 to 10 watts or 12 to 15 watts but never see anything posted about there voltage. My question is what kind of voltage range and wattage range do you think i will most likely be running at with my current liquid and tank selection? A friend of mine just got a new Innokin MVP mod and he let me give it a try with my tank on it and using it at its highest watt rating (which is 5 watts) it was producing a decent amount of vape and tasted pretty good as well. I liked that it actually gave me bigger clouds then current mod which is 1 reason i want to upgrade. Now I am at work so I didnt have to much time to mess with the MVP mod so i dont know what the voltage was set at when i used it. SO please help me out and let me know what you think would be a good voltage and wattage range for me to be using with the tank and e liquid i mentioned above? I am starting to think i may not need a dna 20 or 30 mod since i may not need to go past 5 watts but then again have never been able to try a mod that went higher then 5 watts amnd didnt have much time to mess with the MVP so any help would be appriciated before spend a bunch of money on a dna that i dont need.

Mvp goes to 5 volts not watts it goes to 11 watts and if your just using a iclear then no a dna anything is not needed as most tanks max at about 9 watts before they taste burnt dna 20-30 are ment for rebuildables

there's a very informative video on YouTube by RipTrippers on VW/VV devices.

in a nutshell think of the vaporizer as a car. VW is like automatic, you choose your watts and it'll take care of your voltage accordingly. if you set your watts it really doesn't matter that much on your resistance of your coil because if you change your resistance the AVP will adjust the voltage to make sure it keep that watts at the level you set.

and think about VV as a manual. you set your own voltage. with different resistance requires different voltage settings

I hope I got that right, im still learning myself on AVPs, but check out the video if you cant

Mvp goes to 5 volts not watts it goes to 11 watts and if your just using a iclear then no a dna anything is not needed as most tanks max at about 9 watts before they taste burnt dna 20-30 are ment for rebuildables

HHHHmmmm I didnt know this. My buddy told me it was topped out at 5 watts I guess I was changing voltage then and not watts. So with my iclear 30s dual coil tank and my halo e liquid you think I will never go past 9 watts so the mvp would be enough since it goes to 11? Or would I be better off going with like a VTR that goes to 15 watts? Also as for the other post by gefficart so you mean all I have to dois put my tank on the mvp and turn it on and it will automatically adjust to the correct voltage I just need to adjust wattage? SO whatever volagte it goes to when I turn it on i shoudl leave it at and then just mess with the watts? Is that right for the vv/vw mods? Sorry I am still a newb trying to figure this stuff out. I just want to be able to blow big clouds, not deal with a crap unit, have the ability to upgrade to rebuildables if I ever decide to get there. But from what I can see rebuildables require a lot of detail to ohms, voolagte ratings and you need to use a dvom on your tanks and such, i dont really want to get into all that at least not now as i am still new to this. I also really enjoy the fluid i have an like the tank i have as well as I have been threw quite a few tanks already and this seems to be my favorite. SO let me know what mods you think would be a good pick for me, the MP, the VTR, or still go for a DNA of some sort? Thanks for the help.

ALso can you post a link to that video you were talking about?

My iclear 30s has the 1.5ohm atomizers in it. I forgot to mention that. I have like 4 of those left 2 so would like to use the 1.5ohm ons i have first before i get like the 2.0ohm if you guys think those would be better for my use. Any recommendations on that would be helpful to as i just got the 1.5 ohm ones since thats what my tank originally came with. thx

Prob will not notice the difference between 1.5 and 2.0. The ones I am using that are 2.0-2.1 are actually 1.8ohm KPT coils that are always a little higher than stated in resistance. At least that has been my experience. I go through some coils, I dont even try to conserve as cheap as they are. It tastes a little burned or there is black stuff floating around my tank off the coil and I toss the coil and clean the tank. I can count on one hand the number of 1.8ohm coils I have gotten that read under 2.0ohms lol.

Prob will not notice the difference between 1.5 and 2.0. The ones I am using that are 2.0-2.1 are actually 1.8ohm KPT coils that are always a little higher than stated in resistance. At least that has been my experience. I go through some coils, I dont even try to conserve as cheap as they are. It tastes a little burned or there is black stuff floating around my tank off the coil and I toss the coil and clean the tank. I can count on one hand the number of 1.8ohm coils I have gotten that read under 2.0ohms lol.

Yeah I buy mostly 1.8Ω Kanger coils and they always read somewhere around 2Ω. No big deal as far as I'm concerned. I use vw exclusively in the 7-8 watt range so my pv's auto adjust to varying resistances.

Ok thanks guys for all the help and info it looks like I was getting WAY ahead of myself and I admitt I did think you needed to adjust the voltage and then adjust wattage like the article provided said. That article was VERY helpful and should be stickied for sure if it is not already. I was about to spend $200-$350 on a dna mod that I dont need and would never use all of power. So I am happy to save the money and get a different mod. SO I am thinking going with the MVP since I wanted 1 before I started in on the whole DNA thing or should I thow down the few extra bucks for the VTR? Which do you think is a better unit? I do really like the mvp being smaller and lighter, but with the way the tank sits on the VTR it is prob not as tall as an MVP dont really know havent seen em side by side yet and the vtr goes to 15 watts it may be the better buy but it is double the price so is it really worth the extra cash? From what I have read the MVP is a kick a$$ little mod. Let me know what ya guys thinks thanks again for all the help