Cleaning tanks and drip tips? Also, tank tilting

spydre

Okay, this is probably a stupid question, but when you have a tank with a static flavor in it - meaning you don't switch out flavors, you keep using the same flavor in your tank, how often should you clean the tank out and the drip tip? I'm not talking about RBAs, I'm talking just regular KPT's (either full size or minis) and Evods.

Also, while I'm asking questions, all my tanks are bcc's - either KPT's or Evods. If the tank is mostly full, is there any harm in tilting the tank up a bit? I'm not talking like a 90 degree tilt, probably even anything near what you do with a top coil/wick, but I don't know, maybe 30 - 45 degrees from vertical? The coil is still well covered in juice, but my husband says I'll burn my wicks/coils out doing that (even though the wicks are silica, and the coil/wick assembly is never NOT in juice). I don't know why, or how, it's just a habit I got into.

Edited by spydre

Well Spydre, I have found that when I start off with 4 completely cleaned tanks and new coils and 4 30Ml bottles of juice I get good vapor and taste until the bottles get down about half way then I take the tanks completely apart and give them a good cleaning with dawn and hot water, let then dry and put in a new coil I'm good for the rest of the bottles. Sometimes I will have to change a bad coil out in between. When I do that half way cleaning I clean and soak those coils in alcohol, rinse them and let them dry, then I dry burn them and I get a couple of more weeks out of them, as long as it is not dark juice. I'm going to stop buying the dark juice. It just is not worth the cost and the hassle of the coils I have to go through. About the tilting thing I don't see how it can burn your coil up as long as it stays in juice but I don't know that for a fact.