I am wondering various things about ohms.

willmon22

I heard that watts can actually change the ohms on a cartomizer. But yet it seems to read the same amount of ohms on all the watts I put it on. And I notice very little difference between volts and watts for some odd reason. I guess this eliquid sucks. I have vapor-x and 21st century smok vapin plus juice. One is 2.4% nicotine and the other is 1.6. The other thing I am wondering is shouldn't the ohms go up if a cartomizer is failing? As for some odd reason mine was reading 1.4 and it was originally 1.5. Of course it got a little flooded when filling it. I had it on the battery and the tank on it. When filling it somehow I got it into the cartomizer as well and it made a big mess. Then it read 1.4 ohms. Anyways that is about it. The battery I got is the Ego V3 Mega 1300Mah. It seems good even with cartomizers I revived with everclear that were sitting who knows how long. But they looked fairly clean when I was done cleaning them.

I heard that watts can actually change the ohms on a cartomizer. But yet it seems to read the same amount of ohms on all the watts I put it on. And I notice very little difference between volts and watts for some odd reason. I guess this eliquid sucks. I have vapor-x and 21st century smok vapin plus juice. One is 2.4% nicotine and the other is 1.6. The other thing I am wondering is shouldn't the ohms go up if a cartomizer is failing? As for some odd reason mine was reading 1.4 and it was originally 1.5. Of course it got a little flooded when filling it. I had it on the battery and the tank on it. When filling it somehow I got it into the cartomizer as well and it made a big mess. Then it read 1.4 ohms. Anyways that is about it. The battery I got is the Ego V3 Mega 1300Mah. It seems good even with cartomizers I revived with everclear that were sitting who knows how long. But they looked fairly clean when I was done cleaning them.

Watts do not change ohms. Google Ohm's Law.

Watts is a measurement of heat produced ,ohms is a measurement of the resistance to flow of electrons, voltage is a measurement of the force behind the flow of electrons. I am not sure why people obsess about that stuff. Makes my head hurt doin math. Just try them until you find what you like and then enjoy it.

Well it is something I had heard. I guess it was wrong. The other analogy I heard that makes more since is voltage is a manual while wattage is automatic in getting the right amount of heat or something like that.

Wattage automatically adjusts the voltage to give the same power to every atty no matter the resistance. Nothing can adjust the resistance other than time, use, and manual alterations.

I see. Well one of my cartomizers is at 1.4 ohms for some odd reason. I think it was partially flooded but it has been being used for awhile and it is still at 1.4 ohms. It would also seem to just keep leaking a little putting a little eliquid on the battery contact. I blow out the excess but all it does is just take some of the liquid from the tank. I have had this issue before but I am not sure what I did to make it stop.

I see. Well one of my cartomizers is at 1.4 ohms for some odd reason. I think it was partially flooded but it has been being used for awhile and it is still at 1.4 ohms. It would also seem to just keep leaking a little putting a little eliquid on the battery contact. I blow out the excess but all it does is just take some of the liquid from the tank. I have had this issue before but I am not sure what I did to make it stop.

There CAN be a + or - .2 ohm difference (sometimes more) in the resistance stated, and the resistance actually in the product. Also, I've had a coil make a .1 or .2 ohm drop over the usage of the coil. One tenth of an ohm doesn't really make a difference, unless you are running sub ohm, which, you aren't.

I have never had a 1.8ohm Kanger Coil read 1.8 ohms. Its always either 1.9 or 2.0 on my Vamo. Same with 2.2s, although I have had a few actually hit 2.2 but most are 2.3 and 2.4 lol.

Its not an exact science. Well the measurement is, the wrapping a coil to produce an exact resistance is not.