Newbie Needs Coil Help

BigDan

I'm new to Rebuildables but I have read a lot and I watch Rip Trippers constantly.

Is if I am doing a dual coil build do both coils need to have the same resistance? I would think they would have to be.

Can I put two different kinds of coils in a dual coil build? Example- a 28ga micro coil and a tin man coil or a 28ga nano coil and an agro coil? Not sure if there would be an issue

Last question for now, should I test my resistance with a multimeter or should I buy one of the 510 connection resistance checker?

If you're gonna be building dual coil setups, they need to be the same (i.e. same style and/or same number of wraps) If not, one coil could go hotter than the other to the point it melts right off the post and could cause a hard short, which could be very bad for the battery inside you mod!

It's best to have an Ohms checker for your coil building. Hope this helps!

It would be hard to melt a coil off a post and they dont have to be the exact same but you wont get that good of a vape if one is getting hotter then the other and yes use a 510 ohm checker always when building and make sure your batteries can handle the build

It would be hard to melt a coil off a post and they dont have to be the exact same but you wont get that good of a vape if one is getting hotter then the other and yes use a 510 ohm checker always when building and make sure your batteries can handle the build

Maybe I did something wrong last week then, cause I sure as sh*t melted one right off the post. It flared up red before the other one did and instead of glowing from the inside out, it started at the post sides and melted the negative lead off. As soon as it happened, I immediately spun the bottom batt cap off and dropped the batt out to check it. Luckily enough, the battery didn't get ruined or anything, but now that one battery is in my exclusion pile.

I've seen guys using two different style coils on the same rda, but until a new builder gets more experience, I wouldn't recommend it. Imho

Edited by Joshuab3687

Thank you guys so much, I really appreciate it. I guess that's why people twist different wires to make coils rather than having two different coils. I plan on starting with single coil builds, my girlfriend just bought me my first RDA, a Trident V2, which fortunately had airflow for single or dual coils. Again thank you so much.