I think I have a family convert

spydre

Okay, back in August (August 14th to be exact), when my sister and I went to St. Louis to visit Mom in the hospital for her second femoral blood clot in a month, a couple days before they ended up doing surgery, on the way back to the car, I started talking to my big sister about vaping, and how much cheaper it is than analogs (especially since brand name cigarettes in Illinois run about $7 per pack - I don't know how much a carton is, although that varies by brand sometimes, at least it used to), and she was interested, but she didn't, and doesn't have the start up money. Her sons are two, well, men, really, 24 and 19, big guys, with appetites to match, so I perfectly understand that (BTW, she has great boys, really, incredible boys). Well, I had forgotten about that conversation.

Since I got my VTR, so I have my Winder, and my MVP as back ups, I thought about passing on my eGo starter kit to a family member or friend who was interested/ready to try vaping. Well, in my conversation with my sister yesterday, I mentioned that I had a starter kit that I could pass on to anyone who was interested (she has many more friends that still smoke than I do, and I know my Dad won't take the starter kit), and she reminded me that she was. *does happy dance* So I'm taking her to B&M store that's pretty much closest to her, not far from her place at all, on Saturday, to "help" her, as in the tanks (I'm recommending Evods, and two of them), a spare pack of coils, she's going to get her juice (I'm recommending that she get two flavors for variety's sake), and then I get to show her how it all works!

So, okay, she's not ACTUALLY converted yet, but I'm sure that once she starts vaping she'll be a convert!

I know, right? We have such a family history of cardiovascular issues, even without the smoking. And smoking directly contributed to the initial artery blockages in my mom's legs, and probably her aorta as well. Well, there were a lot of factors - which is why I didn't include her carotid blockages a couple of years before that - but that was a direct contributor. We were dealt crappy cardiovascular genes on both sides of the family, and the smoking just increased that. We went from from all five of us smoking in 2000 to me, my mother, and my brother all quit now, and my sister is quitting - hoping that the vaping will work -, so the lone holdout is my dad, who is STILL exceptionally stubborn and if someone asks him, begs of him, recommends to him that he do something regarding smoking, he'll do the opposite just to spite them, lol.

Edited by spydre

Good for you! And good luck to your sister. I hope she gets off the analogs and starts a new hobby vaping. :)

The good thing is, she smokes Kools, and the shop I'm taking her to tomorrow HAS a "Kewl" flavor. How close it is to the actual analog taste, I don't know - the menthol seemed stronger to me. And truthfully, I can't remember how much of a menthol selection they actually have, so I'm also going to recommend she look at other types of flavors as well for a second bottle, in addition to the tobacco flavor she's bound to get.